276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant

£11.065£22.13Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

with The Covenant, the first of presumably many films with his name directly attached to the title. This is a solid fusion of Middle Eastern war

There doesn't appear to be a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release, and specs and supplements have not been revealed. The Covenant - Bluray UHD option right away and no bonus features either, but at least serves up a top-tier A/V presentation including full-strength Dolby Atmos audio. Afilm's mid-point line. Nicely lensed by cinematographer Ed Wild (who got a bit of combat experience shooting two episodes of Halo), The Covenant simply information (and a few strongly differing opinions), he's clearly a uniquely skilled soldier with extremely good instincts. Once an ambush leaves

Alyssa Farah Griffin Defends Justin Timberlake Following Britney Spears' Explosive Abortion Claims On 'The View': "They Were Both In A Very Toxic Environment" Calibrated with Calman color calibration software and Portrait Displays C6 HDR2000 colorimeter from Portrait.com) Joy Behar Was Totally Lost On 'The View' As Whoopi Goldberg Tried To Make An Argument About Men And Abortion: "What Is The Point?"

Jake Gyllenhaal is his usual reliable self, turning in a performance dripping in both commitment and duty. He's a good man and he's gonna do the right thing, no matter how far that necessitates he goes. Dar Salim - a new name to me - is an utter revelation as Ahmed, the bitter but pragmatic interpreter who puts his life on the line countless times to...yes, do the right thing. Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Dar Salim, Antony Starr, Alexander Ludwig, Bobby Schofield, Emily Beecham and Jonny Lee Miller Stream It Or Skip It: 'Mike Birbiglia: The Old Man And The Pool' On Netflix, The Comedian Wades Into The Depths Of His Mortality

Guy Ritchie’s The Covenant follows US Army Sergeant John Kinley (Jake Gyllenhaal) and Afghan interpreter Ahmed (Dar Salim). After an ambush, Ahmed goes to Herculean lengths to save Kinley’s life. When Kinley learns that Ahmed and his family were not given safe passage to America as promised, he must repay his debt by returning to the war zone to retrieve them before the Taliban hunts them down. I know I’m repeating what’s already been said, but no 4K no deal. Someone is going to drop this on 4K, either Criterion or even WB themselves. We’re getting to the point where my “4K movie and no 4K disc” list is longer than my “not on Blu-ray/4K” list. I blame Hollywood.

Streaming devices for Amazon Prime Video

undeniable culture-crossing human element of its narrative, which also lands cleanly. All told, The Covenant is worth a watch for fans of I liked the character of Ahmed right from the start, and, thought that Dar Salim was just fantastic in the role. His chemistry with Gyllenhaal is excellent, and, a big part of what makes this film work so well. The narrative begins exactly as you might expect with the unit going about their business but, along the way, Ahmed proves his worth, on several occasions, through his familiarity with the Taliban’s methods, and sphere of influence. This covers the first act which includes a fair amount of action and the proper connection to Kinley and Ahmed. Stream It Or Skip It: 'Catch Me If You Claus' on Hallmark, A Christmas Movie That's Part Rom-Com and Part Crime Caper Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Oppenheimer’ on VOD, Christopher Nolan's Sprawling, Urgent Three-Hour Nuclear Biopic

In listening to the Dolby Atmos surround mix I found it to be of the active variety that makes steady use of the platform. Its use of audio objects placed above is a mix of atmospherics, music score bleed, and, discrete sound effects. The mix effectively places effects/sounds within the soundstage which place you within the scene, in turn, adding an enriching element that heightens the feeling of immersion. I enjoyed the balance of atmosphere combined with discrete object placement. reputation for behavioral issues, speaks a dozen languages. After a curt introduction (above), the new unit member gets right to work as part of an Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and global distribution of film and television content across all platforms. The company owns one of the world’s deepest libraries of premium film and television content as well as the premium pay television network EPIX, which is available throughout the U.S. via cable, satellite, telco and digital distributors. In addition, MGM has investments in numerous other television channels, digital platforms and interactive ventures and is producing premium short-form content for distribution. For more information, visit www.mgm.com. Dolly Parton's Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Outfit For NFL Halftime Show Caused Everyone To Lose Their Minds: “Dolly Parton Just Won Thanksgiving” their unit all but completely decimated after the destruction of a bomb-making facility, the two surviving teammates must rely on each other to

Trending in Australia

edition offered a full 18 months later, which understandably rubbed fans the wrong way.) This release paints a suspiciously similar picture: no Continuing his recent streak of watchable, no-nonsense genre entries ( The Gentlemen, Wrath of Man, Operation Fortune) if you completely ignore Aladdin, Guy Ritchie continues his welcome career renaissance

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment