276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cookie

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As the fourth Children's Laureate (2005-2007) she promoted the importance of sharing books, and reading aloud together.

Jacqueline Wilson - Penguin Books UK Jacqueline Wilson - Penguin Books UK

com that her future titles would not be age banded, but that as this one had been produced "ages ago" with special "cookie tin" packaging she had not deemed it worthwhile making a fuss over the inclusion of the 9+ graphic. Our resources are crucial for knowledge lovers everywhere—so if you find all these bits and bytes useful, please pitch in. Just before summer, Beauty is sent to a new school which she is adamant against at first, until she eventually agrees.Gerry refuses to acknowledge any of this completely doubting Dilly's ability to cook anything at all. Frequently berated for breaking his hyper-fussy house rules, as well as for her lack of looks, confidence and friends, Beauty lives in uneasy fear whenever Dad's home. I feel that this is something of a rarity in children's literature and, as such, it was one of my favourite parts of the novel.

Cookie by Jacqueline Wilson, Nick Sharratt | Waterstones Cookie by Jacqueline Wilson, Nick Sharratt | Waterstones

She is frequently berated for breaking any of his fussy house rules, as well as her lack of looks, confidence and friends, even though she is a wealthy girl who lives in a large house and attends a private girl's school. In the future I'm not going to have age banding on my books, but with this one I felt that because it had all been decided before all the controversy started it was just too much effort [to change it]," she said. We understand that not everyone can donate right now, but if you can afford to contribute, we promise it will be put to good use. I felt so sorry for poor Beauty [Cookie] she got teased terribly by horrid girls, and her evil Dad was mean as a hungry bull. Eventually, after an unbearable birthday party and the very real threat of Dad's out-of-control temper, Mum and Beauty run away.Frequently berated for breaking his hyper-fussy house rules, as well as for her lack of looks, confidence and friends, Beauty lives in uneasy fear whenever Dad’s home. Wilson's fluent style makes this an almost effortless read, but dark themes of domestic abuse and self-esteem are sensitively tackled in this redemptive tale of biscuits and rabbits.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment