276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dark Knight 4K, 1 UHD-Blu-ray

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Extras: Anamorphic (16:9), Language(s): 4K: English, French, German; Blu-ray: English, French, German, 4K: Castilian Spanish, Czech, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian; Blu-ray: Brazilian Portuguese, Castilian Spanish, Hard of Hearing Subtitles: 4K: English, German, Italian, Subtitles: 4K: Arabic, Cantonese, Castilian Spanish, Complex Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish; Blu-ray: Brazilian Portuguese, Castilian Spanish, Complex Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian,Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Interactive Menu, Screen ratio 1:2.40, Screen ratio 2:1.78, 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0, Bonus Footage, Documentaries: 'Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a Scene', 'Batman Tech', 'Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of 'The Dark Knight'', Image Gallery, Six episodes of 'Gotham Tonight', TV spots, Trailers The Dark Knight assaults 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray with an impressive HEVC / H.265 encoded 2160p transfer. The UHD Blu-ray was reviewed on a Samsung UE55KS8000 Ultra HD TV and a Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray player. I eagerly awaited Christopher Nolan’s final installment and hoped that it would befit and compliment the first two in the series. The Dark Knight would be difficult to live up to for a variety of reasons, but as a fan I had hopes. I went to see The Dark Knight Rises with my son who is a very big fan. My reaction to it wasn’t as enthusiastic as it was with its predecessor. I found the script to be slightly uneven and overlong as it dealt with Bruce’s excursion to the pit while he sorted out the true meaning of life, death and that conquering fear alone wasn’t enough if he was going to rise from the remains left of him by the indomitable Bane. I also found the final showdown between Bane and Batman to be anticlimactic, and disappointing, which wasn’t helped by the rather conventional plot twist that I saw coming.

Director Christopher Nolan personally oversaw the remastering of The Dark Knight trilogy films for 4k release, proclaiming that if you can’t watch the movies in the theater the Ultra HD Blu-ray releases are the closest thing you can get at home, with deeper color palettes that more closely match the analog colors of the 35mm film. Batman Begins doesn’t have quite the definitive visual pop of The Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises. Much of that is owed to the original source elements, and the fact that is doesn’t incorporate the IMAX footage. This isn’t a shortcoming, and in most respects, it holds it own quite well. The sequences that take place in and around the temple look terrific, offering beautifully rendered color, excellent reproduction of shadow detail, and eye catching specular highlights (during the explosive battle between Bruce and the members of the League of Shadows). Later, during the final act when Gotham is under siege and Batman intervenes with the help Rachel and Jim, the sepia toned shots of misty, nighttime Gotham, set against the various pyrotechnics associated with the battle/runaway train are the among the presentation’s highlights. Other than that, I found these Ultra HD renderings to be excellent, delivering a nuanced, and at times captivating, visual experience that thoroughly accentuated both the source elements, and thematic impact of watching The Dark Knight Trilogy. It goes without saying that these Ultra HD releases are a must have for your Blu-ray collection.Aside from the constant abuse to his well-honed body, he fears for the safety of those around him, and as Batman becomes his primary identity he allows the man known as Bruce Wayne to become a caricature of the playboy billionaire… a mask to show the outside world, a façade to protect those he loves, and the only way to maintain Wayne Industries and allow himself the time (and money) to be the kind of (Bat)man he needs to be. The only question remaining is which Batman does Gotham want: A dark vigilante protecting them from terror? A useful myth on which to pin their own fears and darkest hatreds? That question is the dark heart of the matter. The Dark Knight is available on Blu-ray, 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray, and in The Dark Knight Trilogy with all three films on 4k Blu-ray. The Dark Knight Trilogy recently underwent a 4K restoration from the original film elements, and its presentation in Ultra HD is derived from the resulting 4K Digital Intermediate. For more about The Dark Knight 4K and the The Dark Knight 4K Blu-ray release, see the The Dark Knight 4K Blu-ray Review published by Michael Reuben on February 21, 2018 where this Blu-ray release scored 4.5 out of 5.

heavy cyan wash cast over numerous sequences—a quality the 4K treatment shares with the Blu-ray—or quibble with the added brightness found in The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises utilizes two different aspect ratios, 2.40:1 and 1.78:1, to incorporate the sequences that were shot using IMAX cameras. Both have been integrated here with some scenes/sequences having one AR and the next the other. The result doesn’t infringe upon fidelity or interrupt the visual flow of the movie. Christopher Nolan's award-winning "The Dark Knight Trilogy" includes BATMAN BEGINS, THE DARK KNIGHT and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. BATMAN BEGINS explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good. In THE DARK KNIGHT, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague Gotham. However, he soon finds himself prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker. In THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, Batman has vanished into the night, turning from hero to fugitive after assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent. However, with the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose has devised a ruthless plan for Gotham, Bruce is forced out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.

Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. The Dark Knight Rises: It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. Unlike the first movie, the sequel comes with a noticeably brighter, more polished style that allows for a significantly wider color gamut. And on UHD, Wally Pfister's photography is spectacularly beautiful and striking with richly-saturated primaries throughout, such as the Joker's more vivid red makeup being distinctly different from the more crimson shade of blood. Joker's hair is more a toxic yellowish dye while his vest is a dark moss or dark reseda tone, and the blue sky comes with a lovely picturesque glow. The secondary hues benefit greatly as well, displaying more variation and richness between the various shades. The afternoon sky comes an attractive purplish glow while Joker's suit is more of a dirty plum color, and the fiery orange glow in the many explosions allow for the most minute detail within the hottest spot. Flesh tones also have a nice, lifelike rosiness around the cheeks of the cast. based on incorrect information supplied by Warner Brothers. It has now been confirmed from multiple sources that the 4K/HDR master was derived Photochemically finished films of 35 millimeters have at least 6K resolution, IMAX films upwards of 18K, and so as home video formats keep evolving, 4K — particularly with HDR — allows us to give somebody in the home an experience that’s much much closer to what it was like to see the original film prints as projected on film,” the director told BadTaste.it. (See the YouTube interview here).

For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link: Additional Note: The disc I reviewed was a BD-100. It has been reported that later pressings used a BD-66. Since I do not have that disc, IYou can either watch the Focus Points featurettes in the context of the film, separately, or with a “play all” option. There’s also Blu-ray bonus disc of additional features that adds the following (all in HD):

And it’s true. We first popped in the 1080p Blu-ray of The Dark Knight to compare to the new 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray release and it renders far superior color range. The darker areas and shadows have a ton more detail, and, there is much more contrast between light and dark areas. Of course, make sure your TV is set to cinema mode and not one of those fake, color-enhancing modes that make films look more like cheap TV shows than the multi-million dollar productions they are. To say that The Dark Knight it exceeded my expectations would be a bit of an understatement. It allowed the audience the chance to further examine the complex persona behind the man on both sides of the mask. Batman struggles not only against the mob but also has to deal with corruption within local law enforcement and city prosecutors. On top of that he must now contend with The Joker who is unlike anything he has dealt with previously. This isn’t an overly complicated individual but his methodology is anything but simple. He is an anarchist who has no value system. His belief is that everyone is corruptible and that the one individual who consistently challenges that theory must constantly be put to the test. This film is an eclectic thriller, and a fast-paced action opus, that is exactly what genre fans clamor for. It is my opinion that without the outstanding performance by the late Heath Ledger as The Joker the film would not have had the same impact. He took this character to a level not achieved by any other actor playing this type of villain in an action film. I am sure that I am not alone when I say that I appreciated his efforts. However, I did enjoy the cohesiveness of the narrative as it pertained to Bruce’s reemergence, facing a foe unlike any other, and the superbly integrated subplots revolving around Blake and Selina. It went without saying that the production elements, cast selection, direction and action/choreography were all top notch in keeping with the bar set by the earlier films. Going into viewing The Dark Knight Rises having previously seen it proved to be a more enriching experience, allowing me to take it all in. Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight – Delve into the psyche of Bruce Wayne and the World of Batman through real-world psychotherapy ENDING THE KNIGHT A comprehensive look into how director Christopher Nolan and his production team made The Dark Knight Rises the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.The Dark Knight Trilogy’s three films share the same visual aesthetic which supports the narrative’s thematic tone. While these aren’t films that consistently utilize emphatic color schemes, there are times elements that make for dazzling visuals, and that comes across with aplomb in their Ultra HD renderings. Primary audio on the 4K disc is included in another new English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio mix that’s of excellent quality and appears to be a slight improvement upon the previous Blu-ray’s already reference-grade Dolby TrueHD presentation. As with Batman Begins, it offers a big, full soundstage, with excellent dialogue clarity, robust bass, smooth and natural panning, and strong atmospherics. The LFE, if anything, is just a bit more muscular here than before, while the mix’s dynamic range appears to have expanded a bit, both characteristics that further enhance the creeping tension of Hans Zimmer’s nervous and edgy score. Additional audio options include French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital, with optional subtitles in English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, French, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Thai. Blu-ray, but then I don't turn it off. The sheer intensity the film's visuals is too mesmerizing to The Dark Knight on 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray is presented in 2160p resolution (4x the resolution of 1080p Blu-ray) with variable aspect ratios between 2.4:1 and 1.78:1 (IMAX sequences). The video also features enhanced color and contrast via the HDR10 specification (viewable on supporting 4k HDR TVs). And, audio is provided in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (English) along with subtitles in English SDH, French, and Spanish. The New 4k Print

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment