276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Roommate Is a Vampire

£6.825£13.65Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This absolute delight of a book blessed my October. I feel like I should bow down or something like one of those historical TV shows to show my full gratitude. Now I can brag to everyone that I had a 5 star-ed halloween read, go be jealous. Filled with awkward and the occasional laugh-out-loud moments, this was an entertaining and light read. There are no spicy scenes until about three-quarters of the way through the novel. There’s also not a lot if conflict until the second half of the book. He gave me another smile, more bashful this time. "Fine, fine. You've got me." He pointed at the television. "I've been watching subtitled Korean dramas on Netflix." So, if you're into swoon-worthy romance, zero unnecessary drama, a relatable FMC in her 30s (YAY!), chef's kiss diary entries, hilarious internet search histories, and an anachronistic slash confirmed bi vampire hottie (who looked a suspicious lot like tom ellis in my mind) with a hidden swiftie side and kermit the frog pj pants, this book's your guy. Both of the main characters are goofy, sweet, and likable. Their palpable chemistry, handwritten notes they share, their irresistible attraction, and the awkward situations they put themselves into are absolutely swoon-worthy.

The romance is slow burn. Tho Cassie was instantly attracted to him and was already thinking of him constantly after their first meet. I had gotten concerned if it was insta lust, thankfully it wasn't. The two share a lot of sweet moments- that towel scene, when she teaches him about the human world, when he comforts her and when he confesses his feelings for her. I didn't like the "Who did this to you" moment, felt like it was thrown in there for the readers and for the sake of it. The spice was okay, I needed more of that. Jenna Levine’s sensational debut has everything I want in a romcom – delightfully wry humour, a warm heart, and an utterly adorable romance with the most dreamy hero ever to don a cravat. My Roommate Is a Vampire is altogether a kooky, sparkly piece of happiness.” —India Holton, national bestselling author of The League of Gentlewomen Witches My Roommate is a Vampire by Jenna Levine is like your favorite red wine—familiar, tasty, and will definitely have you kissing hot strange vampires by the end of the night. Bloody delightful!”— Ashley Poston, New York Times bestselling author of The Dead Romantics

Wildly entertaining, delightfully steamy, laugh-out-loud hilarious, wrenchingly romantic' Thea Guanzon

There was no chemistry and the infatuation was so instantaneous that I felt nothing for them as a couple. Despite the insta-love, their relationship “development” took so long and the pacing was really slow. The third act was external and didn’t force them to grow at all. It was really just DRY and boring and induced a massive reading slump. Imagine a three hundred over something immortal dude who acts like he stepped out of a regency dream, looks at our FMC with heart eyes, stays up past his bedtime waiting for her texts, blushing and giggling over a text from his favorite person, leaves her letters in his perfect calligraphy-like handwriting all over their apartment and learns to cook her favorite foods even though he can't eat. Yes, you heard me right. He's a lost cause when it comes to navigating the ways of the modern world; like someone really needs to teach him some social media short forms and damn what I wouldn't give to sneak a peek at his google search history.A fresh, charming romp full of heart and some of the best kissing scenes I've ever read' Isabel Cañas Read more Look Inside Details Jenna Levine delivers a fresh, charming romp full of heart and some of the best kissing scenes I’ve ever read. For someone whose love for both vampires and Chicago runs deep, it was an absolute delight of a novel to sink my teeth into.”— Isabel Cañas, national bestselling author of The Hacienda Cassie Greenberg needs a new place to live, and fast. When she finds an affordable apartment in a beautiful neighbourhood, she knows there must be a catch. Berkley Publishing Group and Jenna Levine provided a complimentary digital ARC of this novel via NetGalley. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Publication date is currently set for August 29, 2023.

The twenty-first century may be what finally kills me after all these years—if living with Miss Greenberg doesn’t do it first.”Cassie Greenberg loves being an artist, but it’s a tough way to make a living. On the brink of eviction, she’s desperate when she finds a too-good-to-be-true apartment in a beautiful Chicago neighborhood. Cassie knows there has to be a catch—only someone with a secret to hide would rent out a room for that price. But a century ago puts us in the 1920s? By then, we have cars, ocean liners, movie production, airplanes, electricity and women can vote. He should also have experienced a world war and have a grander understanding of the development of the modern world. How to be a Roommate with a Vampire and Teach Him How to Adapt in the Modern World" sounds like a hilarious and creative sitcom concept that I would happily binge-watch for seasons.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment