276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Postman Pat: The Movie [DVD] [2017]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For some absurd reason the studio created a marketing campaign for this film comparable to that of an actually meaningful theatrical release. This was probably due to Tom Hiddleston’s involvement, but is that enough to warrant the fifth installment of this by-the-numbers franchise? Apparently they thought so. As a home-entertainment product this may suffice and keep schoolgirls captivated, but how many more sequels until its young audience gets bored or Thinker Bell becomes obsolete. You guessed it, this is also a Disney Toon Studios work, the place where good generic ideas go to die and resurrect as bargain products. However, as bizarre as it might seem, some critics actually enjoyed it and were fairly positive towards it. Could this be because their expectations of a non-theatrical film are lower? We probably should be worried that such support might encourage the studio to open the next chapter in every multiplex that allows children in - all of them. You're clearly a much younger, more attractive and more learned man than me, and I expect our experiences of childrens' television is very different. Postman Pat is clearly a big thing for you, but what were the TV shows that helped define your youth? What were you watching as you grew up? Postman Pat is hitting the big screen, with Episodes actor Stephen Mangan and Boyzone star Ronan Keating voicing the cheery postie when he's speaking and singing, respectively. The version of the theme song that Mr. Carbunkle plays for Pat on his phone is from the 1982 album.

Postman Pat: The Movie DVD (United Kingdom) - Blu-ray

Again, almost inevitably, a Britain's Got Talent-style talent show – here called You're the One, and featuring a grumpy, putdown-oriented host called Simon Cowbell – looms large. Ronan Keating is in awe of Simon Cowell, branding the Britain's Got Talent boss a "very impressive man" and revealing that he "would love" to join The X Factor UK. The empire that he's built is very impressive. He's a great businessman, really, through and through." I worked with Simon in the early years when I signed Westlife to his label, so I've known him for years. He's a very clever man. He knows what he's doing.The murderous bionic cat shooting lasers out of its eyes proved a turning point: whimpers turned to wails and more than one family group shuffled towards the exit.

Postman Pat: The Movie | Postman Pat Wiki | Fandom Postman Pat: The Movie | Postman Pat Wiki | Fandom

The new Postman Pat, Stephen Mangan, chats to us about the film, about children's telly, and on a darker sequel... With the scars of this year's childhood-decimating Postman Pat: The Movie still fresh, you'd be forgiven for approaching this reimagined live action Paddington with some measure of trepidation. Some the early robots were based on the title character from the Disney and Pixar movie "WALL•E", Robot B3 from "Lost in Space" and a Dalek from the BBC science-fiction series "Doctor Who". The latter is referred to in the end credits as "Not a Dalek".

Just been to see this with my 2 year old. Didn't have any real expectations, I was just hoping my little girl would enjoy the film. However I was very much surprised. Firstly the negative stuff: The animation wasn't very good. The CGI looked a little cheap. Also It would have been good if they could have used the same voices for the main characters. Saying that these things things spoil the film. The makers of the film have really thought of the adults who will be seeing this film with their little ones. Simon Cowbell is a good example. A miserable headhunter, hosting a talent show. He even wore clothes very much similar to a certain person with a similar name. The plot wasn't anything new, but as it's for very little children that can be forgiven. My two year old was laughing and clapping to the film. It’s a more involved and in depth story than you get in the Postman Pat tv episodes, and perhaps a little more mature so younger or more sensitive viewers may be scared by the Pat-Bots depending on the child. Mr R was 2 when he first saw this in the cinema (now 3) and he was fine. Mr T (4) was initially scared so he didn’t see this in the cinema but when watching at home he didn’t feel scared and he loved the movie. Mr Z is 6 years old so getting a little old for Postman Pat but because this movie is more mature and has a more in depth story line he really liked it, both when watching in the cinema and when re-watching with the DVD at home. He said it was excellent, and I do think it’s a great choice for the whole family. It is an enjoyable movie and the whole cast have done a great job. Starring: Jim Broadbent , Jane Carr , Robin Atkin Downes , Rupert Grint , Susan Duerden , Stephen Mangan

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment