276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tapestry

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Faithful to original album producer Lou Adler’s vision of making King (and not just any pianist player) appear seated and playing in front of listeners, this numbered-edition 180g LP delivers utmost transparency, balance, warmth, intimacy, and perhaps most importantly, feeling. On February 10th, Carole King's zeitgeist-shifting album, Tapestry, will celebrate its 50th anniversary. Audiophile Accessories Digital Supplies Dustcovers Isolation Devices Record Mats and Clamps Record Supplies Recording Media Blank Cassettes Room Treatments System Enhancements System Set Up Tools• Amplifiers

Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer.Carole King’s Tapestryis one of the rare albums that immediately plays in your head the moment its title, cover art, or songs are mentioned. Having achieved status of near-mythical proportions, it is the singer-songwriter record you’d bring to the proverbial desert island if you were limited to one choice. Renowned for its lifelike production, Tapestry now sounds clearer, richer, and more emotional courtesy of Mobile Fidelity’s 180g LP. Later in February, Legacy Recordings will be premiering a BBC live studio performance recorded in 1971. The performance features James Taylor on guitar and includes live performances of "I Feel The Earth Move," "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman," "So Far Away," "It's Too Late," "Will You Love Me Tomorrow," and more. DVD & CD DVD 24/96 DVD Audio DVD Audio & CD DVD Audio/Video DVD Video DVD Video & CD HDAD 24/96 24/192 HRx Laser Disc SuperDisc Video• Reel to Reel Hybrid SACDs Box For SACD Series Hybrid 3-Channel Stereo SACD Hybrid Mono SACD Hybrid Multichannel SACD Hybrid Multichannel SACD & DVD Video Hybrid SACD Hybrid Stereo SACD Preowned SACD SACD Box Set SHM Single Layer SACDs Single Layer SACDs Single Layer SACD Single Layer Stereo SACD• Vinyl Records For those seeking a clean, decent-sounding pressing of this timeless album, the MFSL 33 may suffice. However, audiophiles seeking the ultimate pressing should look elsewhere.

CD CD Box Sets CD with Damaged Case DXD Gold CD HDCD CD K2 HD CD Preowned CD Preowned Gold CD Preowned XRCD Sealed Out-of-Print CD Sealed Out-of-Print Gold CD UHQCD Ultra HD XRCD CD XRCD2 CD XRCD24 CD• DVDs Music Direct reserves the right to change the terms of this promotion or discontinue this offer at any time.

Statistics

inch Vinyl Record 140 / 150 Gram Vinyl Record 180 Gram Vinyl Record 200 Gram Vinyl Record 45 RPM Vinyl Record 7 inch Vinyl D2D Vinyl Record Low Serial Numbered Vinyl Record Multi-Format Box Sets Preowned Vinyl Record Sealed Out-of-Print Vinyl Record System Set Up Record UHQR Vinyl Record Vinyl LP Box Sets - New & Preowned Preowned Vinyl Box Sets Vinyl Box Sets Vinyl LP with Damaged Cover Vinyl Record Vinyl Record & CD Vinyl Record & DVD Vinyl Record, DVD & CD Vinyl Test Pressing Earlier this year, Legacy Recordings also launched the social media campaign, #MyTapestryStory," encouraging fans to share their influential memories with the album. Since then, hundreds of fans have taken to social media to reveal their favorite Tapestry memories. CD Player D/A Converter or Processor Disc Player / DSD-capable USB DAC Hi Res Audio Player iPod Audio Portable DAP (Digital Audio Player) Software• Furniture Indeed, one reason—apart from the flawless songwriting, earnest deliveries, and eloquent performances— Tapestry endures is because of the naturalness of the production and songs. King’s unadulterated articulations on love, conviction, friendship, place, sadness, and companionship ring true because there’s no doubting their meaning, intent, or sincerity. Tapestry makes you feel, and compels you to get closer to the music, and the musicians performing. It is an album of organic nuances, suggestive intents, and engaging melodies. Upon initially listening to the MFSL 33 a few years ago, I was left feeling underwhelmed. Perhaps I had set my expectations too high, given the recording's inherent simplicity and slight distortion. I figured it is what it is, the Sony legacy CD shared a similar sonic profile.

She started singing her own songs in 1970, and in 1971 issued her second album, Tapestry, which topped the charts for 15(!!!) weeks – the most ever by a female artist, was the Album of the year and won her a Grammy, as did ‘It’s Too Late’ from the album as Record of the Year. Starting this week, Legacy Recordings will celebrate Carole King's iconic album with the release of a vinyl reissue, a new single, a new music video and more. Carole King first made her mark in the music industry as a songwriter, with a string of hits in the 60’s written in collaboration with her then husband, Gerry Goffin. These included The Shirelles 1960 hit “Will You Love Me Tomorrow”, “Up on the Roof” for the Drifters, “The Locomotion” for Litle Eva (and later by Grand Funk), The Monkees' “Pleasant Valley Sunday” and many others.

Equipment

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment