276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lovely FOR WOMEN by Sarah Jessica Parker - 30 ml Eau de Parfum Spray

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So, my best guess is that the juice in the bottle I sprayed on my skin hails from the mid-to-late aughts. Before it was a lavender patchouli bomb on me and since I don't like those notes heavy in any fragrance, I didn't like this. After finding that I am gravitating to some of the musk type perfumes, I decided to go back and try this perfume that I first dismissed this perfume because it was so hugely popular when it first came out, that everyone had this in their fragrance collection. It's a fresh and clean scent, however that patchouli really gives it an edge throughout the entire longevity (which is moderate). I layer it with my strong powdery fragrances during the day (soft projection) to make them more crowd pleasing and wear it every night to bed, sniffing myself.

Not an expert, just my opinion, but Narcisso has something so sharp and off-putting, is it the roses or the musk ,I have no idea. I've tried to wear Lovely a few times in different weather, and it is just off-putting at the beginning with not enough payoff later on. After reading the comments I didn’t expect at all to last so much on my skin, around 4 hours in the summer. I don't know how Narciso Rodriguez for her smells like, i don't know how YSL libre smells like either, and i don't know whether it has been reformulated or not, but all i can say is that although it smells quite vintage(like, almost 20yrs, right? In an increasingly ableist world where plenty of people respond to perfume with discomfort, the kind of compassion I sense in Lovely's throw is very admirable.I also feel that this would be in the same fragrance genre as Prima by Avon, which is another favorite. If preferred our Healthcare practitioners are available if you wish to talk to them on 1300 367 283 free of charge. This only shines in summer weather, that's when longevity and sillage increase and you can feel it being so zingy and refreshing, since it's not really sweet at all.

Top notes are Lavender, Martini, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange and Palisander Rosewood; middle notes are Patchouli, Orchid and Narcissus; base notes are Musk, Woodsy Notes, Cedar and White Amber.I can't imagine if offending anyone, maybe those who want strong projection/ longevity might be unhappy. I've always been tempted to pick this up but I stop myself because I strongly associate it with someone I used to work with. I had this idea in my head of what it would smell like (which isn't a good idea) so upon spraying and letting it set for a few minutes, I must say that I wasn't impressed. I immediately see her wearing the tulle ballerina tutu like dress that was just a puff of soft ballet pink. My mom included this bottle in a box of scents she no longer used and decided to give to me to appreciate -- as she knows how much I love perfume -- and she bought it when the fragrance first came out.

As much as i appreciate the scent of this, i believe that it is definitely more suitable for older women (40+). She said her daughter had bought it for her and that she can’t really smell it herself, but others around her tell her it’s lovely, as did I! I have the original Lovely which I love to wear in the cooler weather or bedtime but I wanted to try another in the range,and liked the sound of Lovely you. It didn't take long for me to start reaching for Lovely far more often than I wear Narciso for Her, and I think that's for a couple of reasons, first being: it's just so easy to wear.Ranked among other SJP fragrances I own, I would place this second, with Stash coming first, and Stash Unspoken in third place! Opening is heavily woodsy, like the inside of a poorly ventilated log cabin or an old local pub somewhere in the countryside. It is unoffensive and could be an any occasion perfume, yet it somehow isn't boring at the same time.

I found a perfume that smells 99 percent exactly like the old Lovely and it's Modern Muse by Estee Lauder. She did not want her fragrance to be overpowering, but instantly recognizable, like the aromatic concoction she made for herself from three separate fragrances before she co-created Lovely.If you have this beauty ladies, take it out, spray it, pour a glass of wine and take in the luxury and glory of this gorgeous scent. I came home and smelled it for hours, scrubbed my arm, applied new perfume, went to dinner and then to bed and as I was laying in bed I had to go scrub again because it was STILL THERE! I think this has sexy mum vibe,to me it's a comforting,freshly washed linen,powder with a hint of warm loveliness on the dry down. This perfume is actually the most perfect musk I have ever smelled IF ONLY IT LASTED MORE THAN 2 seconds!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment