276°
Posted 20 hours ago

You Can Trust Me: the darkly gripping YA thriller for fans of I MAY DESTROY YOU

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this book since I finished it, despite being on my second read since then! Blaxill has left no stone unturned when it comes to exposing the raw horrors of the difficult themes covered in this book. You get to learn the culprit early on in this, and although you do, it really isn't the reason for me giving it 3 stars, its more the fact that it just didn't 'grip' my attention. I found myself wandering in my thoughts at times and so this is why I gave it 3 stars. This read was a good one, it did have me in suspense and my favourite chapters were the ones told from the murderers’ point of view as they were dark and interesting. However, they were few and far between and Livy as the main protagonist bored me a little. Many companies also push the illusion that they have an intimate relationship with us, using our first name and adopting casual or jokey language – something that writer Leigh Alexander has called the “intimacy economy”. 3. Flaunt your reputation But there is no killer here, just a deeply unhappy woman who fooled us all, who put a brave face on things,"

You Can Trust Me: An absolutely addictive psychological

I love you with every fibre of my being and I will be spendingConfirmation bias, or the tendency to believe what we want to believe, impacts who we choose to trust. Once on board the ship, a mysterious stranger causes confusion among the group, leading them to ask unsettling questions of one another. DAMIAN – Absolutely not the killer, despite all half-hearted efforts to make us think he might be. The most likeable main character. Apart from being ridiculously handsome (this is drilled into the reader relentlessly, and OF COURSE he and Livy kiss at some point), we never learn much more about him, except that he used to be a bit of a naughty boy, with at least one run-in with the police. In the midst of dealing with her friend's death, Livy's husband is given an assignment in Paris. Not only must she bear her grief alone but she learns that a colleague of her husband with whom he had an affair with in the past, is accompanying him on the Paris assignment.

You Can Trust Me by Emma Rowley | Orion - Bringing You News You Can Trust Me by Emma Rowley | Orion - Bringing You News

Dear Livy, STOP CALLING EVERYONE AROUND YOU ‘SELFISH’ WHEN YOU ARE THE MOST SELF-OBSESSED WOMAN TO EVER EXIST. I get that your best friend is dead, and I feel horrible for you because that’s an awful situation. Thank you for realising that Julia would never kill herself, and for looking into it. That being said, maybe live in the present once in a while and stop looking towards the past? Your family is falling apart and while it’s not your complete responsibility to fix it, it might be nice if you took your head out of your arse once in a while. Livy finds Julia dead in her home, the police brand it as suicide with no foul play but Livy knows her friend better and is not convinced. The desire to know what has happened pushes her to start her own investigation into her friend's death. The ending of the book is where things really get interesting, we get some solid action and excitement (thank God!) and Livy comes to the party as the strong and determined woman I felt she was all along underneath some of her more questionable moments. Although this was a good story, I thought some of the characters were not very convincing and found the whole story to be a bit drawn out and lengthy for it to be as compelling as it could have been. She expressed her concerns to anyone who will listen, but no one believes Livy. They are convinced Julia’s death was a suicide. Everyone except Damian, Julia’s boyfriend. He, too, agrees with Livy, and so they delve into their own investigation to get to the bottom of Julia’s death.Cats: An incredible novel all round! Most probably a new favourite. I'll re-read and highly recommend. Livy doesn’t know who she can trust anymore. She goes on a wild goose chase to uncover the truth, no matter the cost.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment