276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Best Dance Album In The World... Ever!

£2.42£4.84Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This album is a mixed bag, containing a good CD while the other was very flawed mainly for including off-genre music. This is where the series sadly started to really dip in quality. Here we have an album to represent 1996 and you would think that there would be a lot of actual dance music right? Guess again.

Skint Music Publishing/Frankly Music. ℗ 1999 Multiply Records. Features the sample "Does It Feel Good" performed by B.T. Express courtesy of Roadshow Music Corporation and written by W. Hall (Jnr) courtesy of Frankly Music. Serious Worldwide Publishing/Chrysalis Music. ℗ 1999 Incentive Music Ltd. Licensed courtesy of Ministry Of Sound.I used to rate this one a lot higher, as it was one of the better more recent albums in the series. However, listening to The Best Club Anthems 2002/Summer have really affected my perspective of this, because while a lot of it is great, there are still some questionable choices. Well it's the start of 1993 and dance has broken into the mainstream in the UK and the companies are looking to tap that market; enter 'the best dance album in the world... ever' series. Blue Mountain. ℗ 1979 Cleopatra Label Group, licensed from Hypnotic Records/ Cleopatra Label Group. Licensed from edel (UK) Entertainment. I am not sure if this is an official album in the series but I am going to assume it is. The label is Virgin as with the rest of the series and it is compiled by Ashley Abram much like the others.

Warner Chappell Music Ltd/Windswept Pacific Music Ltd. Produced for Sunship Productions. Recorded at Roundhouse Studios and Sunship Studios. ℗ 2000 Wildstar Records Ltd. Licensed courtesy of Wildstar Records Ltd. Too much competition out there at the time, and the album clearly lost sight of it's IP 'the best dance album in the world ever..." The series continues with its first sequel here, also in 1993. This album is an improvement over the first release purely because the quality of both CD's overall is better. The first album had a fantastic first CD, and while the second was very good it did bring down the overall score somewhat. Here, both CD's are really great and focuses again on dance music between 1987-1993. EMI Music Publishing Ltd/All Boys Music Ltd/BMG Music Publishing Ltd. ℗ 1999 Zomba Records Ltd. Licensed courtesy of Jive Records. Much like the 2002 release, this one had a lot going for it and things were heading in the right direction. However, many off-genre songs and questionable choices lower the overall quality. This was the last release for six years before they brought out that hideous revival in 2009.

Lists

Warner Chappell Music Ltd/PolyGram Music Publishing Ltd/Don't Funk Wit My Gamma Publishing. ℗ 1999 Zomba Records Ltd. Licensed courtesy of Pepper/ Zomba Records.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment