276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Normal People: The Scripts

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The complete screenplays of the acclaimed Emmy-nominated drama based on Sally Rooney's bestselling novel. Similarly the attention given to the central story, the way in which the camera lingers on Marianne and Connell as they let slip secrets and commit small acts of omission and betrayal, provides a level of intimacy that’s rare on TV. Where Connell, for all his passionate responses to the books he reads, struggles to explain his thoughts to the more confident middle-class students in his university, Marianne can bluff with the best of them. She has learnt to wield her differences as a weapon and doesn’t care (or rather gives a very good impression of not caring) when others raise an eyebrow or try to talk over and down to her.

Normal People by Sally Rooney | Waterstones Normal People by Sally Rooney | Waterstones

Rooney is a tough girl; herpapercut-sharp sensibilityis much more akin to writers likeRachel Kushner, Mary Gaitskill, and the pre– Manhattan Beach Jennifer Egan . . . . Normal People is a nuanced and flinty love story about two young people who ‘get’ each other, despite class differences and the interference of their own vigorous personal demons.But honestly, Sally Rooney could write a novel about bath mats and I’d still read it.She’s that good and that singular a writer.” —Maureen Corrigan,NPR’s Fresh Air The central question surrounding all literary adaptations, but particularly those where the source material has a fervent fan base, is how faithful should you be?

Sally Rooney is the author of the novels Conversations with Friends, Normal People and Beautiful World, Where Are You. She was the editor of the Stinging Flyin 2018 and a Cullman Center Fellow at the New York Public Library from 2019–20. She was nominated for an Emmy for her work on the television adaptation of Normal People, which was broadcast on CBC Gem in 2020. I did like this slightly more than the show it's the script for, in that I was physically capable of finishing this, which I cannot say of the show. By publishing your document, the content will be optimally indexed by Google via AI and sorted into the right category for over 500 million ePaper readers on YUMPU. I find both of the actors to be well-cast and hot, and that's the nicest thing I have to say about it. Liberties the show takes from the book make the story feel totally different to me.

Normal People: The Scripts by Sally Rooney, Alice - Dymocks Normal People: The Scripts by Sally Rooney, Alice - Dymocks

With an introduction by director Lenny Abrahamson and featuring iconic images from the show, Normal People: The Scripts contains the complete screenplays of the acclaimed Emmy-nominated television drama based on Sally Rooney's bestselling novel. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery - the approximate delivery time is usually between 1-2 business days. Delve deeper into the Emmy- and Golden Globe8211nominated Hulu series based on Sally Rooney's bestselling novel with this must-have collection of the Normal People scripts, featuring behind-the-scenes photos and an introduction by director Lenny Abrahamson.You know, I did used to think that I could read your mind at times.8221In bed you mean.8221Yeah. And afterwards but I dunno maybe that's normal.8221It s not.8221Connell and Marianne grow up in the same small town in the west of Ireland, but the similarities end there. In school, Connell is popular. Marianne is a loner. But when the two strike up a conversation, something life-changing begins.With an introduction by director Lenny Abrahamson and featuring iconic images from the show, Normal People: The Scripts contains the complete screenplays of the acclaimed Emmy- and Golden Globe8211nominated television drama that The New York Times called an unusually thoughtful and moving depiction of young people s emotional lives.8221 Read more Read more Read more CONVERSATIONS WITH FRIENDS NORMAL PEOPLE MORE BY SALLY ROONEY Written with gemlike precision and marked by a sly sense of humor, Conversations with Friends is wonderfully alive to the pleasures and dangers of youth, and the messy edges of female friendship An Emmy-nominated Hulu original series Normal People is the story of mutual fascination, friendship & love It takes us from that first conversation to the years beyond, in the company of two people who try to stay apart but find that they can’tDelivery with Standard Australia Post usually happens within 2-10 business days from time of dispatch. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery and due to various reasons, the delivery may take longer than the original estimated timeframe. The most characterless scripts ever... So lazy and dispassionate, very clearly churned out for the shoot, completely technical rather than a labour of love, without any kind of cinematic vision or aspirations. Adaptation is very interesting to me and this is a great example of when it is not done well - the adaptation of a work of art has no life or creative spirit of its own, it just takes the source material and converts it into another form, without any admirable intentions, with actually maybe the least admirable intention in mind - to take the source material and convert it into something more easily consumable... Connell and Marianne grow up in the same small town in the west of Ireland, but the similarities end there. In school, Connell is popular. Marianne is a loner. But when the two strike up a conversation, something life-changing begins.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment