276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Fox and the Star: Coralie Bickford-Smith

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From the award-winning designer of the iconic Penguin Hardcover Classics comes a beautifully illustrated fable about loss, friendship, and courage

Once there was a Fox who lived in a deep, dense forest. For as long as Fox could remember, his only friend had been Star, who lit the forest paths each night. But then one night Star was not there, and Fox had to face the forest all alone. This was lovely. Poetry is the most artful form of the written word; it is careful and selective. Each word, each piece of punctuation, each syllable, is weighed carefully to produce an image or sensation to the highest effect. This isn’t poetry, though the same close attention to detail can be seen.

It's great ... Individual, elegantly and impeccably designed, and with a touching story; and it's technically and graphically intriguing -- David Gentleman PS: Make sure you see the short video clip in the synopsis as it reveals a tantalising glimpse of the beauty of this book. ~ Liz Robinson

The fascinating story of how this beautifully crafted book was conceived and produced, with original illustrations and rarely seen proofs. Awards & Commendations: the story is simple and sweet, not too anthropomorphised, and one that I think is likely to appeal across different ages of humans (and foxes?) in different ways.Sure older kids could read this book all on their own but it’s the kind of book that I see a parent and child reading together as a bedtime story…..just my vision. Presenting the award, Waterstones’ managing director James Daunt described The Fox and the Star as, "a book of great physical beauty and timeless quality, one that will surely join that very special group of classic tales that appeal equally to children and adults". [2] [4] and yeah, yeah, yeah, this isn't goodpictures.com and we're all of us first and foremost readers here and we love a good story more than anything else, but sometimes pictures printed in startlingly vivid color and i can personally attest to the fact that it makes a wonderful gift! one i will revisit and flip through way more than, say, Don Quixote.

The story follows a young fox who is friends with a star, until the star vanishes and he has to make his own way in the world. The story itself is simple and charming, and the little character of the fox does shine through. He's playful and adventurous, and filled with life which means he definitely draws your focus and propels you thought the story. Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - One of those stories that will be appreciated more each time it is read... perfect for both young, and the not-so-young. The Fox and the Star is the story of a friendship between a lonely Fox and the Star who guides him through the frightfully dark forest. Illuminated by Star’s rays, Fox forages for food, runs with the rabbits, and dances in the rain—until Star suddenly goes out and life changes, leaving Fox huddling for warmth in the unfamiliar dark.

La edición es de lujo con tapa dura y una portada preciosa, llena de detalles. Las páginas son gruesas y firmes, ideal para que un niño las pueda hojear sin romperlas. Una calidad increíble. I can’t say enough good things about the story, illustrations, and the book itself. It was a real treat to read. I am going to keep this one on a little shelf of honor until I do have a baby one day…..and I plan on going with a woodland nursery some day so this book would fit right in with my decor!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment