276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Anisha, Accidental Detective (Anisha, Accidental Detective) Book 1

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It can help them makes sense of and empathise with the world around them. I had been writing for a little while and at the same time I was watching my daughter grow up without stories that reflected our British Indian culture and family life. And that is what sparked the idea for Anisha. I thought about our family life and how chaotic it can be when all our extended family is together and all the funny things that happen when we’re doing ordinary things like cooking in the kitchen, on a day out or the things my children tell me happen at school. And it doesn’t just stay with a missing uncle, oh no, other things are happening as well! At times I just wanted to hug Anisha as things got quite stressful and she gets the blame for some of the things that happened. Which just made me furious. Just because she isn’t into a dress, doesn’t mean she would sabotage everything. Hello? Has she ever done something like that? From what I can see, no. So why would she do it now?

What kinds of hilarious adventures do you think might lie ahead for Anisha and the other characters? Can you make some predictions? I would recommend this book. It was quite interesting/fun to read and I like Anisha and her family and would have loved to be part of the wedding! Madcap adventuresin the book include Aunty Bindi's groom being kidnapped a day before their wedding, or Anisha's granny being accused of stealing a famous diamond. Patel's writing process comes with challenges however as she was recently diagnosed with ADHD.It seemed like I had some great material for a story. I think inspiration can be found all around us and I try to observe and make mental notes of the small things as well as the big. Those little details about a person, how they move or act, something about a place or an event, those things based in real life that you then inject into your writing bring it to life. The challenges of writing a series

HELP! My super-dramatic Aunty Bindi is getting married tomorrow and she's having a mega meltdown. But sssh! I've just found a ransom note, pushed through the letter box, saying Uncle Tony, Bindi's husband-to-be, has been kidnapped, and will only be freed if the wedding is cancelled! I have to keep this a secret otherwise it'll be panic-central... I guess it's up to me - Anisha, ACCIDENTAL DETECTIVE, to save the day. Although rehearsals for the show go well at first, odd things start to happen: scenery is spoiled, costumes go missing, and even Molly the cat is causing trouble. Could the performance be cursed or does someone deliberately want them to fail? How does the rest of Anisha’s family feel about their holiday? What is your idea of a perfect holiday and why? Make a list of FIVE everyday places and activities. For example, walking your dog at the park or riding your bike to visit a friend. For each one, note down how this could go disastrously wrong and turn into a hilarious adventure.

I’m often asked where I got the idea from for Anisha, Accidental Detective and the truth is that I was inspired by real life and my own family. When I was a child, I didn’t see characters like me in books. I didn’t see my culture reflected in stories and as a result I couldn’t see myself as the hero of a story. I think it’s so important that children have stories they see themselves in and also characters different to them. I have been meaning to read this book for probably over a year now. Last week the libraries finally opened and during the time they were closed (5+ months) they added this book. I was so happy. I was just dancing. Thankfully, no one was around, haha.

She pushes forward however, visiting West Midlands schools and hoping to inspire more children to be brave enough to write. Patel, 44, said: "I always loved books and wanted to be published, I grew up in a time when people like me didn't get that job.A hilarious race against time ensues, with clues to pursue, undercover surveillance to be done and the involvement of some decidedly curious characters (among them a weeing lobster), and the menace of Anisha’s “evil” cousins-to-be. I'm leaving the theatrics to Milo, but as the director's assistant I have LOADS to do...especially now everything is going WRONG. Even Molly the cat is forgetting her cues! Miss Jive believes the show is CURSED, but I think someone is trying to STOP THE SHOW! One minute we were in the lab practising our science demo, and the next thing we knew, our volcano exploded and flooded the corridors. School had to be cancelled! Share your story timelines in pairs, emphasising the funny moments – and even acting some of them out if you have space to do so!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment