276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Frankenstiltskin: Fairy Tales Gone Bad

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first in a funny, deliciously dark, three-part series of twisted classics, written in verse by award-winning poet Joseph Coelho and illustrated by Freya Hartas.

I think this is exactly the kind of book I’d give to and read with the younger people in my life, it had references to common fairy tales and stories but put a very fresh and unique spin on the plot that took me pleasantly by surprise. I loved how fun and engaging this one was, with it’s snappy pacing and funny dialogue. The descriptions were ridiculous in the best way and I will admit that the description of someone being ‘spaghettified’ made me actually laugh out loud. In this retelling of Cinderella, Cinders falls down a flight of stairs (after slipping on some dog poo 💩) and becomes a Zombie Princess, but can she still enjoy the ball and woo the Prince?

Por ejemplo, ya todos conocemos a Cenicienta, esta chica que ha pasado toda su vida obligada a ser la servidumbre de su madrastra y hermanastras sin recibir nada a cambio. Pero en este primer libro de Joseph Coelho veremos cómo este popular clásico da un giro un pelín más sombrío donde nuestra protagonista se transforma en Zombicienta, una chica que muere al caer por las escaleras por culpa de sus hermanastras pero que al igual que la original es visitada por una hada, en este caso el hada de la muerte quien le dará la oportunidad de vivir tres noches de ensueño antes de caer en el sueño eterno. When the town receives an unusual visitor in the guise of a prince whose culinary tastes are on the bloody side and whose bed is more wood and dirt than cushions and frame, Cinderella's life is about to take a dark turn. Yet whether life as a Zombie is as bad as it sounds is something for the reader to decide. I've read one of this series before, and really enjoy the dark way it's twisted to still be palatable and child-friendly, but with just the right amount of gleeful gruesomeness and morbidity.

Crawl out of the grave and step into your mushroom carriage for this haunting and humorous adventure of the undead girl searching for her happily ever after. Thank you to Danielle (agenuineopinion on IG) for sending me her copy of 𝐙𝐎𝐌𝐁𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 by Joseph Coelho to read. Don't you just love having bookish friends that you can swap books with?!The book is a little bit creepy and quite humorous at times too. It is a good length for a middle-grade reader and will keep them entertained for a while, yet, short enough that they could read it in one sitting if they so desired. The opening words of Zombierella tells you everything you need to know. ‘This gory story has bugs and bogeys, slimy surprises, and more than a spot of revenge. And, yes…I’m afraid dear sweet readers, that there is DEATH.’ If you have a child who isn’t into dark books featuring a Zombie, Vampire, dead animals, and Death then you might not want to let them read this book. However, if they love a bit of gore then this is the perfect book. Ya saben que desde siempre he sido una niña más bien rarita, así que estoy totalmente fascinada por esta versión de un clásico, ¿por qué acaso hay algo mejor que los zombies? Obviamente la respuesta es no y eso queda claro en este pequeño libro que sin importara edad que tengan va a conquistarlos de principio a fin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment