276°
Posted 20 hours ago

YOU AND ME: A gripping psychological thriller with twists you won’t see coming

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, I wanted to read this because it seems to resonate pretty well with males I know who have participated in this type of therapy. Real is quite direct. He is not a neutral therapist--while it may take two to create a relationship problem, usually two people do not have equal responsibility for the problem. He seems pretty willing to call the partner with the most bullshit out.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed reading The Geography of You and Me. The only reason I say I was disappointed is that I expected this to be a book full of romance and I believe that it what Jennifer E Smith’s books are marketed as, but I didn’t really get that vibe from this novel. Remember, you can’t have power with someone, only over them. Abandoning power struggles and point-scoring is the best way to truly empower your relationship. Relational therapy, which asks individuals to consider the ways others have shaped them and the way they’ve shaped others, seeks to move people beyond this individualistic mindset. And it’s particularly valuable for couples. When two individuals can set aside their you-and-me mindset and prioritize growing their relationship, they can create rewarding and lasting intimacy. Personally Danny feels he's missing out as he wants a family and hasn't had time to find the right woman, so he signs up with a dating program called "Sight Unseen". They match you up and you are put in the same room but you can't see them or touch them, can only talk to them, for the first 4 dates. If you make it to the 5th date you will see them. Oh yes, u also use fake names. Sometimes when I hear that there is a big twist in a story I go crazy trying to figure things out. I'm not often right but sometimes I come close. Oh and I really did think I had this one all figured out. Then I changed my mind, then the story changed my mind, then I thought I knew again, and then I just stopped trying to figure it all out and enjoy the story! In the end I was half right but honestly it doesn't even matter! There were many other things going on that kept this book interesting and I put everything I had to do aside to finish it today.That's different from most other forms of therapy. He looks deeply at the damage done to both women and men by patriarchy, and by the Western sense of enlightened or romantic individualism. The idea of dominance over nature as perpetrated by Western religion. Basically, he argues, with lots of neurological evidence, that we are not in fact individuals, but creatures wired for relationship. Creatures who function best relationally.

In the town of Waterby on Fire Island, the rhythms and rituals of summer are sacrosanct: the ceremonial arrivals and departures by ferry; yacht club dinners with terrible food and breathtaking views; the virtual decree against shoes; and the generational parade of sandy, sun-bleached kids, running, swimming, squealing, and coming of age on the beach. Next, try something called redistribution. What hurts you most in your partner’s actions is often something you’re secretly ashamed of in your own behavior. Say you hate your partner’s hot temper but respond with passive aggression. Well, that’s just another form of rage. Owning up to shared flaws can help you move past them. You also will find language such as LatinX, and non binary throughout too. As well as a mention of everyone’s race and age.Is the plot really important in a book? Maybe for some readers it is, I usually expect a great plot from a crime novel but most of the time what really matters to me is the atmosphere, the dialogue, the overall feeling that a book is able to convey in my day.

And I made a pact with her. If we were still unmarried at thirty, we’d put ourselves out there fully.A brief regarding the plot: the book takes place in Fire Island and it develops around three characters: Riley, 24, who has never fully made the transition to adulthood, gifted in sports she has remained close to her childhood world; Paul has been Riley’s best friend, her match in physical activities and something of an older cruel brother to Alice; Alice, is Riley’s younger sister and a more complex character whose magic develops through the story. Paul and Alice fall in love and the first part of the novel is about them. Immersed in their pleasures, Alice and Paul don’t spend much time considering Riley. However, when Riley becomes suddenly ill, Alice is overwhelmed by guilt. She rushes from the island to the hospital to find Riley with congestive heart failure. Here, Riley extracts a promise: Alice will not tell Paul about her damaged heart. By the end, the characters have suffered losses, and their links to their childhoods have been discarded; they can no longer inhabit the Fire Island they knew, except in memory. Billed as a psychological thriller with a twist ..... and I did keep hearing about this twist, it's a story of domestic violence and how one effectively bullies the other. Nothing really that different but it is a very readable book. Told in alternating chapter narratives we hear from the couple as they tell the story from their viewpoint. So, why didn't I love this more? At times it was a tad repetitive with a couple of lines being quoted time and time again about how one of them was going to make changes. An aspect concerning the Romanian businessman and his best friend felt a bit 'thrown into the mix' as a side story which to me didn't fit very well. FREE TO BE...YOU AND ME emphasizes to children the endless possibilities that are available to them. The book encourages children of all ages to do what they want, and not be limited by what society expect of them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment