276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Doctor Who 6794 Thirteenth Sonic Screwdriver Toy, Multi-Colour

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sonic device • Sonic scalpel • Doctor Ogron's sonic screwdriver • Narvin's sonic screwdriver • Mega sonic death ray • Sonic sceptre Alasdair Dewar, Character Options’ Director of Product Development commented: “The new Sonic Screwdriver collectible is a radical departure in look but still retains the classic Sonic abilities and getting access to the prop images early on really helped the development of this toy.” So America gets this beautiful version yet the home of the Doctor who gets the crappy plastic looking thing. Ok then Again, sound waves! Also, the Doctor probably thinks it sounds cool, which it does. When did it first appear?

Sonic screwdriver | Tardis | Fandom Sonic screwdriver | Tardis | Fandom

the official images we have been sent by BBC Studios clearly show the CO and seven20 sonics are different in many different ways Romana II constructed her own sonic screwdriver, which was so impressive that the Doctor attempted to substitute his own with hers, but she noticed the switch. ( TV: The Horns of Nimon) Her version also included a silencer. ( AUDIO: Luna Romana) She later gave it to the Doctor. ( PROSE: Lungbarrow) Nonetheless, during the final term of her presidency, her third incarnation used a sonic screwdriver. ( AUDIO: Intervention Earth) The new version is really great. Amazing how frosted panels, a brighter orange light, a dark wash and dark screws can change the toy Reply We can’t make judgements just yet, because we haven’t actually seen the CO one in action yet, maybe it does have the spinning crystal (which I think it does), maybe it’s more accurate, maybe it looks better in hand, maybe it has more SFX and is a better toy than the Seven20 version, we can’t yet tell.As we know from watching the Doctor Who Series 11 Trailer, there’s a new female Doctor and of course she has a new Sonic Screwdriver. Have a replica of your very own with this Dr. Who: Thirteenth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver. I’m surprised and kind of annoyed though that their sonic appears to be far superior to Character’s. After crash-landing in Sheffield with no TARDIS, a body that was still cooking, and two alien mysteries to solve, the Doctor realised she was missing something – her sonic screwdriver. As there was no TARDIS around to fire out a replacement, she had to take matters into her own hands. the thirteenth doctor forges her own sonic screwdriver using sheffield steel and an alien crystal in the woman who fell to earth I wonder if the reason these and the se7en20 sonics haven’t got ‘made in Sheffield’ stamp on the handle is because it would be illegal as these are of course made in China? Trading standards would be all over them! Reply yes seven20 are USA based CO UK, two completely different companies now each making their own products

Seven20 Doctor who 13th Doctor sonic screwdriver toy Seven20 Doctor who 13th Doctor sonic screwdriver toy

Vastra had a sonic screwdriver that was a gift from the Doctor. She used it to shatter the glass of the Crystal Palace. It had a red tip, and was similar in design to that used by the Doctor's eleventh incarnation. ( COMIC: The Crystal Throne) But it doesn’t end there! Despite being a small device with no visible interface, the Sonic has a zillion functions, operated by a psychic interface. Users merely need to point and think, and the Sonic will whir into action. Some of its uses include: seven20 will only have a licence to supply to USA retailers and i expect they tell retailers they can only sell to the USA, this is common with many ranges, some retailers have ignored that in the past though but something tells me they will a lot stricter now Identified by the Daleks as a " sonic probe", ( TV: Doomsday) the sonic screwdriver was considered to be very advanced Gallifreyan technology, ( PROSE: Heart of TARDIS) although somebody could make one by using resources found on 21st century Earth with help from Stenza technology. ( TV: The Woman Who Fell to Earth) During the Dalek-Movellan War, Davros dismissed the sonic screwdriver as a "simple" tool. ( AUDIO: The Triumph of Davros)The War Doctor also used a modified version of this sonic during the Time War, but had swapped the emitter head for a more simple light-up one. the war doctor TARDIS connections I like both versions of this the spinning stone one is better than the not spinning one though. Reply I wonder if CO can sell their toys overseas? Probably, cause FPI doesn’t say anything about being UK only. If not, and both Seven20 and CO are restricted to their own countries, that’s going to be a problem for me and anyone else outside of the UK or US. Following its unveiling at San Diego Comic-Con, Character Options is delighted to release further details about its brand new Thirteenth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver. Quadrigger Stoyn possessed a sonic screwdriver in his workcase aboard the Doctor's TARDIS, which he had been working on shortly before the First Doctor stole the ship. ( AUDIO: The Beginning)

Sonic Screwdriver Thirteen - Sonic Screwdriver

Prop designer Arwel Wyn Jones talked through the new sonic; “It’s a privilege to have been asked to redesign the iconic sonic screwdriver for the Thirteenth Doctor and a new generation of audiences. I can’t wait for people to see how the Doctor acquires it!” All of these incarnations utilised the same core software, though they used different hardware. While it was different individual model, for all intents and purposes the War Doctor's sonic was the same as the Eleventh Doctor's some 400 years later. ( TV: The Day of the Doctor) However, the Thirteenth Doctor, having lost the Twelfth Doctor's sonic screwdriver, created her own version. As such, hers used unique software, and was made from 21st century Earth components, as well as part of a Recall Circuit from the Stenza Homeworld. ( TV: The Woman Who Fell to Earth) It does look cool and I really want one (though I have to wait for a while). It’ll be interesting to see a comparison of this one and the CO version when both are released. I know the promo pictures are different but it wouldn’t be the first time promo pictures change from the final released product. According to the non-fiction source REF: Doctor Who: The Visual Dictionary, which this wiki does not count as a valid source, a sonic screwdriver was a common and basic Time Lord device. If needed, a Time Lord could make one from scratch in very little time.

A clone of the Second Doctor also possessed his own sonic screwdriver, which he used along with the Fourth Doctor's to send Hexford home. ( AUDIO: Survivors in Space) From time to time, the sonic screwdriver needed to be recharged. ( PROSE: The Monsters Inside, COMIC: Bizarre Zero) It was self-repairing and could send out a homing signal to any parts that had been separated. ( TV: A Christmas Carol) One account held that a sonic screwdriver was powered by a type of crystal that was similar to the Metebelis crystals. ( COMIC: The Forgotten) I doubt CO have anything to do with it, there have always been problems with regional licensing with all manufactures It’s impossible to know exactly how many versions of the sonic screwdriver the Doctor has had over the course of their lives, especially considering that their narrative is perpetually evolving. However, at least 10 versions have been spotted on screen so far – and that's just those belonging to the Doctor. Each model has varied in design and size, but they all function in a similar manner.

13th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver – Get Retro 13th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver – Get Retro

With the trend of Sonic Screwdrivers matching the personalities of their holders, it’s perhaps the one belonging to the 11th Doctor that tops the list. Its larger frame, extendable “claws,” and green emitter match the aesthetic of his newly-designed TARDIS. Not only that, its aesthetic screamed the sense of style Matt Smith brings to the table during his tenure as the 11th Doctor. next week it seems after SDCC, USA only but we will try to find out beat people to ship to UK but it wont be cheap From the promo photo above, it looks like Seven20 have managed to hide the screw holes making this one superior to CO. I can’t wait to see comparison videos on YouTube.

While trapped on Apalapucia for thirty-six years, Amy Pond cobbled together a sonic device from various pieces of technology, but insisted upon calling it a sonic probe. She later conceded that it was a "sonic screwdriver". ( TV: The Girl Who Waited)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment