276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Postcard

£9.07£18.14Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Some of the characters I have met already as I have read the previous novels so felt as though I was back there with friends.

Ebooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook). Penny seems to be settled as the vicars' wife and mother to the gorgeous Jenna, she is also still very much involved in her job as a television producer. Since then, Fern Britton has hosted several programmes, which include Carlton Television's After Five, BBC's Breakfast Time, London News Network's London Tonight and BBC 1’s Holiday. However, if you persevere like I did, you’ll discover just why she behaves as she does and my feelings towards her did change towards the end of the story. Information is fed to the reader steadily as we gradually build up a picture of the family dynamic over the years and we understand that there is a lot of resentment between the sisters.

The two girls’ very different personalities are expertly written and I personally felt that I could understand why they each felt the way they did about each other. At the same time, she felt this need to reconnect with her only sister and I could see why she so wanted to believe Suzie. In 2006, the song, “The Fern Britton Experience”, which featured in the album, Hang The DJ was named after her by the UK DJ Shitmat. Fern Britton anchored the Pride of Britain Awards in 2002 and was one among the panellists on the satirical panel show, Have I Got News for You. Her sister, Suzie, is another pretty ghastly character which does distract a little from the main flow of the book.

With her position at work threatened and some shocking news from her estranged family, is it finally going to be too much for her?

The new witty and warm novel from the Sunday Times best-selling author and TV presenter, Fern Britton. While i really did enjoy the story, I found the character Penny and her negative behaviour put me off reading.

At the Royal Albert Hall, on 31 May 2007, Fern Britton presented the Classical BRIT Awards and also co-presented the British Soap Awards that year. When she gets word of her mother’s demise it triggers a spiral in her mental health which has been fragile recently. The character Ella didn’t feature in it as much as I hoped and felt she was in it to set up her own story in another book which is perfectly fine but I feel the synopsis on the back of the book is a little misleading. Fern Britton has painted a very convincing portrait of a mother struggling to cope with a new baby and not wanting to admit it. She has a calm, gentle personality and it’s almost as though her voice is in my head narrating the story.I was really pleased to find I already had a couple more of her books on my kindle, I had picked one up free a while ago, and one for 99p. People are made of light and shade, and can have a darker side if they have had a troubled background, but Penny wants to give her family a better life than she had, and is essentially a good person. Through Penny’s childhood memories we see how the two girls were treated very differently, especially by their mother, and Suzie was clearly the favourite. Each year, the Carew sisters embark on the yearly summer holiday, but they are as different as vinegar and honey. and I was wondering how the story could possibly be resolved in the few pages I could see I had left.

An earthquake that swallowed up every one of the very tiresome people in this book is the only thing that could have rendered it tolerable to read. Our Non-Fiction Range includes: Academic, Photography, Audio books, Business, Cook Books, Craft Books, Health and Fitness Books, Mind, Body, Spirit (Tarot). Greer has been in love with Jesse Behenna since her first day at school and she’s determined that one day, they’ll be married. If you have read any of Fern's previous books then you will immediately recognise the characters and the setting. Although I did not have post-natal depression, I feel that this is a very realistic portrayal of how it must feel.There's a World of books to choose from such as: Children's Books, Range includes Baby Books (0-3), Books for Toddlers (3-5), Early Readers (5-7), Childrens Story books (7-11), Young Teens (11-14), Young Adults (14-16) and Childrens Educational Books. Given how much I love books set in Cornwall, this was a really lovely story, that had a great community feel to it, and was just a joy to read.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment