276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Be More Chill

£5.36£10.72Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jake Dillinger: Christine's love interest at the beginning of the book, constantly having sex with hot people.

Gr 9 Up—In this graphic adaptation of the 2004 YA novel (which spawned a cult musical), Jeremy, an unpopular teen with a crush on Christine, a castmate in his school play, decides to get a SQUIP, a brain implant that will help him "be more chill. But Jeremy discovers that there is a dark side to handing over control of your life—and it can have disastrous consequences. He steals his mother’s car and drives them to the party, where he takes ecstasy and begins to kiss Chloe. But what bothered me the most about the Squip is that in both versions, Jeremy didn’t really learn anything. For example, Jeremy’s parents are more of prominent figures in the book, while they both appear largely absent from the musical.A musical based on the book, with a score by Joe Iconis, premiered in June 2015 at the Two River Theater in Red Bank, New Jersey, where it received positive reviews.

In general, I think that musical Michael is what book Michael is supposed to be and ditto for Christine. After an awkward conversation with his dad (still not wearing pants), Jeremy decides to check the SQUIP out. Instead, I think that squips are awesome and Jeremy only got into his mess because he is a selfish, misogynistic jerk who let the squip encourage him to lean into his worst tendencies. However, like so many things of late there’s a different version of this story that is pretty great .A selection of lines from Mark Jackson, Classmate to Jeremy: “Yeah, I’m in this dilly-deal”/” Midsummer Night’s Drizz- eam.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment