276°
Posted 20 hours ago

K

£4.88£9.76Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

fresh ears! I'm American... I don't really have access to underground or low profile British press. I can, obviously, get BBC and others, but I never come across obscure articles about Crispian Mills' bad attitude or undeserved accolades. Indeed, I've been an avid music enthusiast since about 1987 and I bought this record for two reasons: band name, cover art. I went into this with no preconceived notions at all because I had never heard of them. Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

Following the release of their latest album K 2.0 earlier this year, Kula Shaker have announced a 20th Anniversary Edition of their debut album ‘K’ for release on BMG on 28th October 2016. The band are currently on a 40 date, 11 country tour which takes them up to the end of the year including two nights at the Forum in London. This celebratory edition of ‘K’ will be available on CD and LP formats featuring an extensive sleeve note booklet recalling the story of the band’s conception and the album’s creation including indepth interviews with the band, producer, designer and illustrator of the iconic sleeve. They originally split in 1999 amid personality clashes, record company intrusion and frustration of competing against the press' infamous lynching towards Crispian after some misinterpreted quotes in 1997. Crispian went on to record a project called Pi (the material never materialised) and The Jeevas. Alonza joined Johnny Marr's band Healers (2) and formed a short-lived band with Paul Winter-Hart called Shep. Winter-Hart also joined the short-lived Thirteen:13 and drummed for Aqualung. Jay Darlington joined Oasis (2) as a live and session musician and carried on with Beady Eye when they split in 2009.Following the release of their latest album K 2.0 earlier in 2016, Kula Shaker have announced a 20th Anniversary Edition of their debut album K for release on BMG. This celebratory vinyl edition of K features an extensive sleeve note booklet recalling the story of the band's conception and the album's creation. In 2004 the band "reformed" for a one-off song "Braj Mandala" on a charity compilation album 'School of Braja' which Crispian had been creative director of, also recording two new songs with The Jeevas too. Crispian laid down the basics of the song and asked the other members individually to play their parts on it. (Jay was the only member not to be involved due to his commitments with Oasis (2)). Crispian and Alonza soon began writing together again and planned a full return. Jamming in the studio birthed the "Revenge of the King" E.P. and a supporting mini-tour in 2005. Music Direct reserves the right to change the terms of this promotion or discontinue this offer at any time. In 2002 a compilation was released entitled "Kollected", which Crispian compiled and wrote sleeve notes for. It also featured a previously unreleased Bob Dylan cover, which was also the band's final recorded song before their split.

Goods that are faulty or sent in error must be returned to Crash Records Limited, 35 The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 6PU within 7 working days of the item being received by the customer. K is an album marred by its first song, because it's an absolute banger. The intro in particular shows off the best Kula Shaker has to offer on this album. The dense rhythm section, with the keyboard, drums and bass hurriedly romp along, helped out by an almost percussive guitar giving lessons in tension/release and topped off by a dreamy lead guitar (both of which make searing introductions, making use of wah-wah, distortion and left/right mixing). And that's it, that's really the best.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment