276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Praying Church: Becoming a People of Hope in a Discouraging World

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Father God, I thank you for everything you have done for me. I thank you for my family and my friends. I thank you that you love me so much that you sent your son Jesus for me. As we consider Paul’s call to pray for all authorities, we must remember to pray specifically for our pastors and other spiritual leaders. They need our prayers as they are the target of many assaults of the enemy. When we neglect praying for them, it affects not only them but the entire church community negatively. Furthermore, praying for our leaders delivers us from a critical spirit. We are less likely to throw stones at somebody we constantly pray for. Our leaders need this type of support. Prayer: Lord God, we thank you for the gift of new life. We thank you for this precious baby’s safe arrival into our world. We pray this baby would sleep peacefully and be kept from harm. We pray you would bless this child as they grow. Keep them safe and strong in the weeks, months and years ahead. Give us grace and strength through the highs and lows of caring for a newborn baby. In Jesus’ name. Amen 8. Prayers for teens Please protect those vulnerable to illness around the world. We think especially of those living in extreme poverty , where medical assistance is often more difficult to access. Father, we pray for your protection and healing. We pray for our partner churches in different parts of the world working so hard to look after their communities with limited resources. We also lift before you healthcare workers and medical researchers. Thank you for their tireless service. Lord, we praise you for the recent medical advances against many diseases. We pray resources will be fairly distributed around the world. Amen . Natural disasters Generous Father, thank you that you are our protector and provider. You have said that when we call on you in prayer, you will listen to us. Hear our prayer for the growth of your church. May we see people respond to you in repentance and faith and be added to your people. We may work and labor, but it is you who gives growth. You are the Sovereign King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light. To you be honor and eternal dominion. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Big Question: What characteristics of praying churches can be discerned from 1 Timothy 2:1-8? Praying Churches Prioritize Prayer Paul says that “requests, prayers, intercessions, and thanks be offered on behalf of all people.” One of the things we can discern about prayer from this verse is that all people need prayer. There is not one person we know that doesn’t need constant grace from God and, therefore, our prayers. Father God I thank you for everything you have blessed me with today. Thank you for my friends and family. Thank you for keeping me safe. Amen Sections I and VII must always be used, but a selection of appropriate suffrages may be made from Sections II, III, IV, V and VI.

Structure

Prayer: Dear God, I thank you for the precious gift of my daughter. I pray you would protect her through the years. May she become a young woman of great character, seeking after your heart. I pray that through the challenges of life, she would find her confidence in you. May she know your joy as her strength (Nehemiah 8:10). Amen. 11. Prayers from the Bible One of the main features of the early church was its effectual corporate prayer life. The church didn’t just come together to pray; the believers prayed and got manifestations of answers. The joy of prayer is not in speaking the Queen’s English or the drops of sweat from our bodies but in the answers we receive. From the series: The Bible Teacher’s Guide, First Timothy: Becoming a Good Minister of Christ Jesus In a praying church there is an overwhelming desire to obey the Lord’s commission to evangelise the world.

Children are a precious gift from God. So, when the challenges of life come along, it’s easy to fear for their futures and well-being. But praise God, we have the gift of praying for children we know and love, and those around the world who may be facing difficult times. Moreover, we’re reminded that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us too – we’re not alone! As we learn about the needs of individuals, groups of people, and churches, we then can pray specifically. This is the tallest finger. Pray for all the important people who have power in the world, like world leaders and their governments, members of parliament and local councillors, the Royal Family, other world leaders and their governments. My dad was seated right there on the bed! I was so happy and praised the Lord in my heart. Dad smiled and reached out his hand to hold me by the shoulders. He said, “Omwishiki wangye wijja kundeba!” which means, “My beloved daughter, you have come to visit me!”When the Litany is said instead of the Prayers at Morning or Evening Prayer, the Collect of the Day, the Lord’s Prayer and the Grace are added here. ¶ Other Prayers A Prayer before Bible Reading So, be encouraged by our unique prayers for children written by Compassion Ambassadors to help your prayer life. As we open God’s Word we don’t need to lean on our own understanding as there are so many different devotional prayers we can use to pray with and over our children. Proverbs 22:6 says, ‘Train up a child in the way he should go: And when he is old, he will not depart from it.’ And so it is with prayers. When you pour into a child’s life and teach them these Biblical prayers, as adult children, they’ll still remember them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment