276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO 75307 Star Wars TM Star Wars™ Advent Calendar

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It isn’t a major surprise since Darth Vader’s presence has been plastered all over the front of the Advent Calendar, I cannot state how much I love this festive twist on Darth Vader. Not bad for Day 13, and still no named minifigures yet, which has to be some kind of record for Star Wars Advent Calendars! The Tusken Raider is not feeling great about feeling outnumbered now. This version of Poe with an absolutely adorable Christmas sweater featuring his astromech droid BB-8 is exclusive to this Advent Calendar, and is just filled with festive flavour. If you’ve watched the LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special, you’ll recognise Poe immediately, as he’s in a festive mood organising Life Day. When I was first assembling this, I was excited as it seemed like I was building a microscale model of a location in Tatooine, until I realised, oh… that’s not some sort of antenna, it’s actually a Gaderffii, a traditional melee weapon that Tusken Raiders use to club their enemies to death. Or poke them with the pointy end.

The red stud at the front is a little too large, but I can see why it was important to retain, as the version we saw in The Mandalorian had a small red strip, near the Imperial logo. Including 3 is just cruel, when these windows could’ve been used on more interesting and desirable builds, whether they’re minifigures, or even location builds, which seem to have been passed over in 2021. We last saw an A-Wing Starfighter in the 2015 Advent Calendar, and the entire look is a massive upgrade.That’s it for Day 4 so far – great to see the Stormtrooper get a weapon, and bonus points that it has some playablity with the Stud Blaster. Hulk Buster – At first, I had no idea what this build was and presumed that it was a robot assisting Tony Stark. When refreshing myself on vehicles and locations in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in preparation for this article I realized that this was the Hulk Buster. This build uses a ton of creative building techniques to add details and once you see this build you can immediately recognize what has been built. Of all the mini builds in this set this one has the most creative use of pieces allowing it to stand out. And that’s it for Day 14 – predictable, but at at least the Imperial troops now have some weaponry, and the poor Tusken Raider is finally outgunned. The heavy hitters just keep coming in the 2020 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar. Day 11 gives us one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy – the Millennium Falcon! This is the first ever LEGO appearance of Riot Mar’s Starfigher, and I’ll be curious to see if we get a full-sized set.

Whomever is managing the lic between LEGO - Disney - Lucasfilm needs to do a much better job at communicating what's happening and when, so that they aren't a year behind the times in releasing relevant figures / builds to properties on screen (small or large). Building on nostalgia such as McQuarrie or 1977 would prevent this as well. With upcoming D+ series to be released, why not do direct tie-ins? It's so easy to have the Calendar support the Waves and D+ series if they simply plan it that way. Or... simply make them XMas focused, like when it all started. I miss the first few years... Especially for the target audience of younger builders who love the LEGO Friends product line, this year’s calendar easily earns our 4/5 Star (Recommended) rating. The overall quality is comparable to last year’s version, but the decision to include all five of the girls as micro-dolls adds some variety to the mix. Most importantly, several of the micro-builds are excellent, and it offers a better price-per-part than any of the other 2021 Advent Calendars. #60303 LEGO City Advent Calendar I’m really pleased that we got a Mandalorian build in this Advent Calendar, and I’ll be honest, it’s going to be really hard to top the Razor Crest! This is also a nod to set 7665 Republic Cruiser from 2007 which is the only time the ship has made an appearance in the LEGO universe, and I’d love to see an updated model some day. I’m very pleased with Day 13’s Republic Cruiser – a relatively obscure but beloved original ship design from the Prequel era which should delight old school LEGO Star Wars fans, especially if you have 7665 in your collection.Cake Mixer – Several of the mini builds are tables featuring a hobby or activity. The best of them is a small 322 Bright Purple Dark Pink table with a 107 Bright Bluish Green Dark Turquoise / Teal Cake mixer. A robot arm provides a convincing facsimile of the mixer blade despite the small size. Mando! As expected in Day 24 but still nice to open up and put together. Really like the print and overall look of the figure. We last got a Speeder Bike in the 2018 Advent Calendar, but what makes this one notable is that it isn’t micro-scale, but it’s minifigure scale, allowing the Scout Trooper to be seated in it.

Here’s a look at the sides – I love the use of green sprigs for the arms, the carrot nose and of course, his top hat to complete the look.The Porgs have gone through a few minor changes since making their LEGO debut in 2017’s 75200 Ahch-To Island Training set, and now sports a white body.

Also known as the Consular Class Cruiser, this sleek and narrow cruiser was used by the Republic to ferry Jedi and Diplomats across the galaxy. In the Phantom Menace, it was the ship that Obi Wan and Qui Gonn used to meet with the Trade Federation. This was a bit of a wasted opportunity for LEGO and Disney to debut Rey with her yellow lightsaber that featured to heavily in the holiday special, so I fixed it up! This awesome 335-piece building toy makes the best Christmas present for kids aged 6 and up. The characters and mini builds can be used with other LEGO® Star Wars™ sets for extra creative fun. I split up the “good guy” builds and the “bad guys”, and wow, it’s so imbalanced, so it’s great to get some reinforcement Stormtroopers in.Jason Zapantis: This advent calendar is a first in the decade we have been doing them, as it is completely dedicated to The Mandalorian. All the days correspond with things that appear in show, with some items getting a festive touch as we have done in previous years. Apologies that today’s update is so late – had a really busy day, and only just found the time to take photos and post. StarWars.com: I love the very funny holiday touches in this set, like Grogu in a holiday sweater and the snowball cannons. Can you tell us about the LEGO Group's creative process for the LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar's minifigures and mini builds? The build uses slopes to create its triangular head, and I do like that they even managed to incorporate the gap in the front. Here’s how it looks from behind.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment