276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chord | Electric Bass Guitar | Sunburst 174.397UK

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Now, these babies really can be used a lot in many situations. They sound jazzy but can be used in many different styles. There's one really useful voicing on the E string and on the A string.

What Are The Chords On The Bass Guitar? (YT081)

This is technically not a chord as it only contains two notes (it's a double stop or diad) but it's so common and useful I have to mention it. Just playing a root and a tenth gives you a very cool sound; most famously heard on Herbie Flowers' iconic bassline on Walk On The Wild Side By Lou Rawls.It`s possible to use other chord notes as the root note, but this is less common. Thus, when experimenting with slash chords, I recommend starting with the 3rd and 5th. Jazz, blues, and soul bassists might also find it worthwhile to experiment with 7ths. If we apply this process to each scale degree then we end up with a sequence of chords. We refer to these chords by number and they are often written as roman numerals. Starting each chord on the A string, play through the following exercise to get your fingers around each chord in the key of C major.

Music Theory For Bass – Chords In A Major Key – TalkingBass Music Theory For Bass – Chords In A Major Key – TalkingBass

The deepest note of a chord sets the feel of a chord. Using the root note of the chord as its deepest note is common and makes for a stable and harmonious sound. When you think Dire Straits, you think Mark Knopfler. Sure. But there’s no Sultans of Swing without John Illsley. This groovy song benefits from an equally groovy bass part that helps Knopfler’s guitar antics sing over the melody. Playing mostly root notes, the bass part here also accentuates the transition between chords, providing a lot of harmonic ground in a rather stripped and conservative mix.Learning to play the bass guitar is similar to learning to play a traditional guitar. There are fewer chords to master, and the fingering techniques are not as complicated as the ones used in an acoustic guitar. The strings are heavier, though, making finger strength and dexterity very important. Thank you so much Mark for your progressive music theory approach. I have been able to read chords from guitarist, and have been playing lines based on ear ok, but this will really open up my playing and give me a lot more confidence to be able to experiment and play a lot more interesting lines without being afraid of going out of key or loosing the groove. With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions. For simplicity, all of the chords in the chart above are in the key of G. Naturally, every single chord can also be played in different keys.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment