276°
Posted 20 hours ago

At Last

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The album also included covers of pop and jazz standards, such as "Stormy Weather", "A Sunday Kind of Love", and "I Just Want to Make Love to You". Phil and Leonard Chess believed that James's voice had crossover pop potential, so with this debut album, they backed her with orchestral arrangements on many of the tracks.

That being said, I recently had sinus surgery to deal with pressure in my ears and have since been able to hear things I previously was unable to and have noticed on repeated listenings that there are a number of moments where you can hear odd bass as if someone was blowing on a hot mic. Certain items can take longer to source than the estimated week, particularly during busy trading periods and may take longer to arrive at our warehouse. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions.

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our site, provide personalised content and advertising, analyse our traffic, and ensure you see more of what you love.

In truth, "At Last" should be seen as the potent motto of a debut LP by a vocalist who had just emerged from her beginnings as a gospel singer, and had now recorded promising single songs. Over the years the following engineers have been and still are working for us: Tony Hawkins, Willem Makkee, Kevin Gray, Maarten de Boer, Scott Hull, and Ray Staff, to name but a few.

An icon from early rock’n’rolls pantheon of divas, she has inspired 5 decades of listeners and fellow artists with her vocal stylings. In 1987, the album was released for the first time by MCA /Chess , and then digitally remastered and reissued on compact disc in 1999 with four bonus duet tracks performed with Harvey Fuqua : "My Heart Cries," "Spoonful," "It's a Crying Shame," and "If I Can't Have You. This one looks beautiful and despite the fact it's a digital source, obviously, it sounds very good. Speakers Corner wishes to make clear that it produces lacquers using only original master tapes and an entirely analogue cutting system. James expertly handles jazz standards like 'Stormy Weather' and 'A Sunday Kind of Love,' as well as Willie Dixon's blues classic 'I Just Want to Make Love to You.

To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. I don't think they needed to make the vinyl blue but is is a heavyweight 180 grams, which helps avoid any warping over time. Ask most musicians, and Etta James will certainly show up in their music collection, probe a bit deeper, and those same musicians will admit to Etta James’ influence, but ask the fans of these same artists, and most of them, if honest, will admit that they’ve never listened on even one Etta James song . The user is informed that they have the possibility of configuring their browser so that they are informed of the receipt of cookies, and may, if they wish, prevent them from being installed on their hard drive.It’s as though the title "At Last" is trying to dupe one into believing that Etta James had experienced all the ups and downs that life could offer her by the year 1961: performing on great stages under the influence of drugs, her exodus from the scene, appalling jobs in seedy clubs and dives, and a brilliant comeback with an earthy voice in Montreux followed by a tour of the USA with the Rolling Stones. Companies such as DCC Compact Classics, Mobile Fidelity, Classic Records and others, including of course Speakers Corner, all maintained a mutual, unwritten code of ethics: we would manufacture records sourced only from analogue tapes.

This pressing reproduces - with some attenuation - microphone plosives and pops that were part of a few of the original Chicago recording sessions. It’s impossible to not be moved by the power of her voice, beginning with the opening notes of “Anything to Say You’re Mine”. All image and audio content is used by permission of the copyright holders or their agents, and/or according to fair dealing as per the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.The only exceptions are when existing metal parts are superior to new ones that might be cut, which includes our release of “Elvis is Back”, which was cut by Stan Ricker or several titles from our Philips Classics series, where were cut in the 1990s using original master tapes by Willem Makkee at the Emil Berliner Studios. From Janis Joplin to Beyonce, her expressive and guttural style has been imitated, but never matched. Yes, sometimes the album is so intense that it can be taken only one side at a time, but the sensational feeling one gets rolling off into the morning sun with Etta James on the car stereo, is pure satisfaction. At the beginning of the ‘90s, in the early days of audiophile vinyl re-releases, the reissue policy was fairly straightforward. From Janis Joplin to Beyonce, her expressive and gutteral style has been imitated, but never quite matched.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment