276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Back in a Spell (The Witches of Thistle Grove)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lily swears she’ll never end up in another abusive home, but when Ryle starts to show all the same warning signs that her mother ignored, Lily learns just how hard it is to say goodbye. Having been born and raised in LA County into a Chinese American family, I grew up going to Chinatown and exploring the larger area.

Lily won’t send Emerson to her father’s house overnight until she’s old enough to talk—“So she can tell me if something happens”—but she doesn’t want to fight for full custody lest it become an expensive legal drama or, worse, a physical fight. But I was quickly disappointed in the story being instant love with seemingly no genuine connection between the characters. do not fucking brag about you're so cool that you made a nonbinary character in your book and then IGNORE their identity and let your stupid ass bitch ass main character be the most transphobic asswipe on the planet. But the power is hard to leave, even if she does have a certain magical ability that helps her maintain her connection to the lake they draw their powers from. Lana is the New York Times bestselling author of Payback's A Witch, and the forthcoming From Bad to Cursed from Berkley Books.Seeing the snippet of In Charm's Way sounds like it'll be Delilah's story, dealing with the aftermath of what she goes through in this one, and I have to say, my hopes are high. Jordy began her professional career as an officer in the Coast Guard but has recently transitioned into the civilian world.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. She's a squishy marshmallow underneath her crunchy exterior and I looooooved reading her relax and truth become the strong person she is. They take place in the small, magical town of Thistle Grove, following the same timeline, but each book focuses on different main characters. I want to start with a disclaimer that nonbinary covers a WIDE range of identities and presentations.This set-up feels like two people are forced to be together without consenting to the relationship (because if a spell/hex/unknown power is causing you to do something, can you really say yes or no? If I could rate just the ending, it would be a billion cups of tea, but it takes a lot of work to get there, and I just couldn’t get into all that slow, meandering work, even if Morty learning to use magic was kind of awesome. whose family story is explored and ends up being a bit more complex than it appeared on the surface.

So, does this happily ever after (HEA) make the fact that they were together initially because of certain magical powers acceptable?

Morty is gorgeous, wears eyeliner and interesting clothes, he is into aerial silks, and should not be any match for her. But then there are all the many times Morty is referred to as "guy", "dude", or described as having a "boyish smile". Pansexual witch Nineve Blackmoore is over being heartbroken after her fiancée abandoned her at the altar, so she takes to every modern witch's go-to mode of finding love: dating apps. The sequel to It Ends With Us (2016) shows the aftermath of domestic violence through the eyes of a single mother. While I felt Nina’s journey was a little too drawn out and she aligned more with her mother and grandmother than she might have liked, I liked watching her grow and figure things out on her own, though it wasn’t really exciting until the end when everything came to a head.

They were all so interesting, and I liked that they fell on either side of the line, some supporting the women and others supporting the patriarchy, whether male or female. I had a somewhat love/hate relationship with her mainly because, due to her family and their fortune, she comes off as being a bit stiff and judgemental at times.I definitely found the second half to be much more engaging, so I was a little disappointed during the first half because it was a little slow and all I really had to rely on were Giorgina and Nehal to get me to the second half. I feel that this leaves us in a sort of silo, and I missed interacting with the rest of the families. The nonbinary rep irritated me for a few reasons, the biggest of which is the amount of focus on the character's penis. The thing that made this most unbelievable is the constant use of phrases like “I know you” even when followed by “or I’m starting to”.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment