276°
Posted 20 hours ago

EFES Pilsener Lager Bottles (6 x 330ml - 5%)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bomonti remained Turkey's biggest brewery for decades until Efes was founded in 1966 and took over the market in the 80s. Around the same time Efes entered the market, Türk Tuborg received permission to open their brewery. Taste doesn't quite match the promise of the aroma. Mouth feel is a little simple. Aftertaste is also. It certainly is a bit unique...Mythos is what it reminds me of most. This is a little more bitter, but less crisp. The more I drink it, the more I like it. Actually it's really good. I'd say it's as good as a typical German pilsner such as Krombacher or Warsteiner. More refreshing with less hop punch. Moderately active - Do light to moderate intensity exercise 3-4 times a week. E.g. going to the gym / swimming / cycling / horse riding / dance classes / playing golf. Daily dog walking (brisk pace, twice a day). Inactive - Do very little exercise, going for the occasional walk (moderate pace, low intensity). Spend majority of leisure time doing activities such as watching TV, playing computer games, on the internet, reading, cooking, driving, general household chores.

Efes Pilsener Fici/Draft | Anadolu Efes Brewery | BeerAdvocate Efes Pilsener Fici/Draft | Anadolu Efes Brewery | BeerAdvocate

The “number one Mediterranean beer in the world” as their slogan says, which is a big ask but lets see…. In my article on Turkish beer, I pointed out that Efes has pretty much cornered the market when it comes to beer. Thanks to Turkey’s banning of any form of beer advertising it is almost impossible to talk about similar Turkish beers. So I’ll have to recommend beers from other countries. Most people in Turkey go to a bar in city centers for a few beers, usually in the evening after work but mostly at weekends.Anadolu Efes Biracılık ve Malt Sanayii A.Ş. (lit. Anadolu Efes Brewery and Malt Industries) produces and markets beer and malt and non-alcoholic beverages in a wide geographical area comprising Turkey, Russia, the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East. Anadolu Efes is a member of the Anadolu Group. Anadolu Group was founded in 1950 by the Özilhan and Yazıcı families. Exhibiting a rapid and sustainable growth since its inception, the Anadolu Group transformed into a holding company in 1969. Light - Have a job that involves long periods of sitting (office-based / driving) or are home-based and sitting for much of the day. Typical jobs: office worker, sales rep, bus/taxi/lorry driver. No. Efes is brewed with malted barley which contains gluten. So Efes is not gluten-free. However, unlike most lagers, Efes is brewed with both rice and barley. So there is less barley than a normal beer, and therefore less gluten. Is Efes Vegan? Efes Pilsen 5% ABV (alcohol by volume) – its flagship, close to a German pilsner, a type of pale lager with added rice and sugar

Beer - Lager - Tesco Groceries Beer - Lager - Tesco Groceries

With that being said, here is an overview of the history of beer in Turkey and Turkish beer brands: The History of Turkish Beer Making more than two-thirds of its net sales in international markets, Anadolu Efes is Europe’s 5th and the world’s 9th largest brewer* by production volume. The company serves a population to more than 750 million with beer and soft drinks brands in its portfolio. With 21 breweries, 5 malteries, 1 hops processing facility and 1 preform plant in 6 countries, and 30 bottling plants in 11 countries, including Türkiye among others, Anadolu Efes is operating as one of the key players in its region and among the top 10 largest Coca-Cola bottlers by sales volume. The company ships its products to more than 70 countries. Other than that, there are German pilsners, Czech pilsners, and similar large brewery beers such as Heineken, San Miguel, Stellar Artois, Corona, and Asahi. It’s not that I think Efes is a bad beer, I enjoy it. But it is nothing special. It does nothing to distinguish itself from the beers I just mentioned.Efes Pilsener also produces strong-beers under the Marmara subbrand, with Marmara Gold and Marmara Kırmızı – red, high ABV being the most popular. The Efes brand also has a gluten-free beer. The company also has Gusta's wheat beer brand and sells lime or agave-flavored beers under the Mariachi name. A microbrewery called Torch, which opened in 2016 and is sold at Populist located in the old Bomonti Brewery, is one of Istanbul's most popular craft beer breweries. They have an impressive range of beers, from Austrian-style lagers to Kolsch-style beer.

Turkish Beer — Ikamet A Guide to Turkish Beer — Ikamet

Anadolu Efes started its journey in 1969. Becoming the market leader shortly, Anadolu Efes contributed to the development of the market by cultivating the beer culture in Türkiye. With its strong vision, Anadolu Efes introduced many “firsts” to the consumers and became the largest brewer in Türkiye shortly. The company took an important step by expanding abroad in the 1990s. Regarding the international operations, Anadolu Efes took another important step aimed at commercial sustainability in the global market in 2012 and formed a strategic alliance with SABMiller Plc (“SABMiller”). In 2016, following the acquisition of SABMiller by Anheuser-Busch InBev (“AB InBev”), the world’s largest brewer, AB InBev became the holder of a 24% stake in Anadolu Efes. The Bosphorus Brewing Company is another big name in the Istanbul craft beer scene. It feels like an English pub, best reflected in their variety of real ales. Anadolu Efes currently continues its operations as a global company, which exports three quarters of its production. In terms of sales volume, it is the 6th largest brewer in Europe, and the 11th largest in the world. Exporting products to over 70 countries, Anadolu Efes is one of the key players in the region with a total of 15 breweries, six malt production facilities and one hops processing facility across Turkey, Kazakhstan, Russia, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine. On pour has a very clear golden yellow colour, looks good, has a nice head, not a bad looking beer at all, light, looksdecent However, it is always best to see if sitting on the grass or drinking in the area is allowed. Always notice what others are doing around you and keep an eye out for any signs, but you will be completely fine more often than not. Local Beer Styles

How Much Alcohol is There in a Pint of Efes?

Aside from its domestic market in Turkey, where it has 84% market share, [2] Efes exports to over 50 markets in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and Oceania. In the UK, it is sold by the Wetherspoons pub chain. In seaside towns, you will see many Turks and foreign tourists drinking an ice-cold beer under the glaring sun on a sunbed by the sea or pool. Moderate - On your feet for much of the day, either standing or occasional slow paced walking. Typical jobs: shop assistant, teacher, chef/cook, bar worker, engineer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment