276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Live Beautiful

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We provide all these tools for free so that authors can learn and then concentrate on what they do best: writing. We live the way our community lives Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery - the approximate delivery time is usually between 1-2 business days. To see examples of books created on Reedsy, read our Author Stories. A full ecosystem for authors and publishing professionals What is Live Beautiful? I didn’t expect any kind of “how-to” book, and it's certainly not that. Nor is it an introduction to her design work. Yes, her own two homes are in it, but, at least for fans, this book does not provide any additional pictures of rooms we haven’t already seen. She is a cookbook author, and there isn’t even one full picture of her kitchen in her Hamptons home. Nor are there any other projects from her portfolio – I was frankly expecting at least one or two additional ones, especially as she has recently been describing herself first and foremost as an interior designer.

I had hopes for this book as it was published fairly recently so the ideas should have somewhat of a contemporary feel--not in the style per se, but rather the overall effect of house locale, architecture and it's interior. I was disappointed. More of the same of what we see so much of now: high ceilings long tables and counters and a lot of stone, wood and glass. There were very few rooms I enjoyed, and she was using the tastes of a variety of moderner stylists. There was one couple, Robin Standerfer and Stephen Alesch who showing their home, had a very strong presence as to their individual tastes and layout. A beautiful tall window that covered a wall in their country bedroom, collectibles, both on tables and in cabinets, that showed a personal sense of style, knowledge of history and an appreciation of craftsmanship. The rest was same old same old. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 734046. We take climate actionAnimal print and cane seating fill Laure Hériard Dubreuil’s East Village living room. Photo: Courtesy of Nicole Franzen Most of the houses belong to famous taste-makers in design and fashion, who, like Athena herself, cultivated their eye for design and aesthetics over many years of hard work. I'm sure the houses are as comfortable and practical as they are beautiful for them, because every detail has been fussed over.

Athena not only Lives Beautiful, but she Teaches Beautiful. This book is filled with her wisdom, insight, and direction on how to create and curate a space that will always feel like home." Athena's beautiful book is a testament to her incredible skill set. The true talent of a designer is to not just create a beautiful and functional space, but recognize something special and individual, based on those who will be living there. This is so true of Athena. Each space displayed in her book shows an innate understanding of the individual, and despite each being completely distinctive, Athena recognizes the beauty of the uniqueness. The more time I spend reading, the more I learn that there is no design rule book as to what something should be. Athena's book is a true exploration of what it can be."Delivery with Standard Australia Post usually happens within 2-10 business days from time of dispatch. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery and due to various reasons, the delivery may take longer than the original estimated timeframe. This is, though, much more than simply a beautiful coffee table book filled with stunning images of beautifully designed homes. Calderone writes in her introduction, “As much as this book is about intimate creative portraits, it is also a practical deep dive, offering actionable ideas that will help you design your home. The inspiring photography here is accompanied by extractable tips on ‘why the design works,’ the resources each home drew from, and teacherly insight to help you understand the principles at play.” Beautiful design isn’t just pleasant to look at; it improves the quality of our lives. In Live Beautiful, Athena Calderone taps into her international network of interior decorators, fashion designers, and tastemakers to reveal how carefully crafted interiors come together. She also opens the doors to two of her own residences.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment