276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Princes Fruit Filling Apple (395g) - Pack of 2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was meant to be, because Ihadjust shared an Apple Cake disaster on Instagramthen a couple of days later, she shared this recipe with me (without having seen my epic failure! If you prefer a sweeter or heavier syrup for canning, check out this canning syrup table for further instructions. Allow the sugar to caramelise a little and become a pale golden brown, then remove from the heat and arrange the drained apple pieces in one layer over the bottom of the pan. This amount of canning syrup is ideal for a 7-quart canner batch from approximately 19 pounds of apples. I used half quick oats half regular, but would use all regular oats for a bit more crunch next time I think.

Apple Slice - The Aussie home cook Apple Slice - The Aussie home cook

Protecting your hands with a dry folded tea-towel, and holding the dish and pan firmly together, quickly and carefully flip the pan and the dish so that the pan is on top. Fruit juices such as apple, pear, and grape as well as homemade canning syrups, are all good options to explore.I also like to include a crafty mason jar recipe tag with instructions for how to make a simple dessert using canned apple slices. I tried it once, twice, three times, then I decided I had to share it here because it is that good and that easy!

Canning Apple Slices - Practical Self Reliance Canning Apple Slices - Practical Self Reliance

Made ahead and brought tray of apples and topping separately to combine just before putting in the oven. While it is possible to use plain water as a canning liquid, I find that it mutes the flavor of the apples considerably, undermining all your hard work and canning preparation. De-bubble canning jars and make any final headspace adjustments before capping the jars with 2 part canning lids. As per Nagi’s comment, I used half a cup of sugar in the crumble topping and it was plenty sweet enough.Recipe is written for a 7-quart canner batch below 1000 feet in elevation, see notes for other batch sizes and elevations).

Asda Groceries

Place the pan in the oven and bake until the apples have softened a bit and started to release some liquid - about 10 minutes. For a table with various syrups from extra light to heavy, and various batch sizes (quart and pint) please see this canning syrup table.On the bright side the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon was a great hit as was the potato salad with lemon. Simply add a generous splash of lemon juice to a bowl of cool water (about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice per cup of water) or stir 1/2 teaspoon of ascorbic acid into 1/2 gallon of water. OVENS: I have a fan forced / convection oven but have made this in a standard / conventional oven too. They’re perfect for homemade apple pies all winter long, just strain the canning liquid into a saucepan, thicken it with a bit of flour or cornstarch and pour it over the apple slices in a pie shell.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment