276°
Posted 20 hours ago

McVitie's Digestive 5 Caramel Millionaire Individually Wrapped Slices, 109.9 g (Pack of 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For the shortbread, it really is quite basic – you can do it by hand, or in a food processor, or in a stand mixer, or with an electric hand mixer. You just want to mix the sugar and butter together until creamy, and then add the flour and combined until a dough is formed. The ‘problem’ is, with its 3 delicious sweet layers, it can be labour-intensive to make. That issue is solved with this very easy recipe for caramel slice. However, I decided that it was about time I posted my recipe for my Salted Caramel Millionaires Shortbread as I have had soooo many requests for it! Chocolate: I like to use a good quality dark chocolate for my caramel slice topping. You know, to balance out the intense sweetness just a tad. But of course you can use any chocolate – milk, white, caramel (Caramilk!), Mint, or any other kind you can think of.

Lightly grease and line the base and sides of your baking tray and preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 170°C/356°F. Step 7: Melt the chocolate in the microwave. I usually do this in 30-second bursts until it’s almost completely melted (1.5 – 2 minutes). Then I stir well to finish melting. At this point you can add the drizzle of oil. If you don't want to use the spread, you can use 300g of chocolate on the top, and plenty more biscuits!Using a tinned caramel in place of making your own, will NOT work. Tinned caramels do not set, so it'll be messy. Biscuits: The great thing is that you can use almost any biscuits you like to make the base. Since I’m in Australia, I tend to use plain sweet biscuits like Marie, Arrowroot, Scotch Fingers or Digestives. You could even try Anzac biscuits! In the UK, I’d try Rich Tea, Shortcake, Nice, Digestives or even Hobnobs. Use gluten free biscuits for a gluten free caramel slice, or how about ginger biscuits or Lotus Biscoff for something completely different? I have obviously made quite a few millionaires shortbread recipes already, but I thought I would cover it down to every last detail. Basically, completely dumb it down into the ground so that if you are scared to make it, you won’t be any more! Shortbread For a printer friendly version, see the recipe card at the end of this post) Ingredients and equipment Use room temperature butter for the biscuit dough. (Ingredients blend better when all at the same temperature.)

Moderately active - Do light to moderate intensity exercise 3-4 times a week. E.g. going to the gym / swimming / cycling / horse riding / dance classes / playing golf. Daily dog walking (brisk pace, twice a day). Step 8: Spread the chocolate evenly over the top of the caramel shortbread. Then cover and pop into the fridge until set. Salt – No need for fancy types here, regular table salt will work fine. We want flavour not texture. Light - Have a job that involves long periods of sitting (office-based / driving) or are home-based and sitting for much of the day. Typical jobs: office worker, sales rep, bus/taxi/lorry driver.

Ingredients

I use Maldon Sea Salt as it tastes delicious and I like my caramel salty so I use the 3 pinches - I really really recommend using Sea Salt over ground fine salt as the taste is better and it's easier to use compared to the fine salt where you could easily add in far too much. I think some recipes make Caramel Slice overly complicated, trying to make the caramel using a traditional candy making method which calls for a thermometer and exact caramel temperatures. Caramel Filling– bring the butter and brown sugar to a simmer (this is caramel!) then stir in condensed milk. Whisk over low heat for a few minutes to give it some colour, then pour onto the base and bake. Baking is what makes the caramel set once cool.

Step 4: To make the caramel layer, pour the condensed milk into a medium saucepan. Then add the butter, salt and golden syrup if using. Here’s a little Q&A section for common questions and problems people face making Caramel Slice! Why is my caramel slice runny? Essentially, this recipe fixes all the grievances I had with other recipes I’ve tried over my lifetime!Golden Syrup – Brand doesn’t matter but golden syrup gives the best flavour. (You can use light corn syrup or honey in the US.)

You also want to use a flat bottomed spatula, like these ones. Using a spatula with a sharp corner means you can really scrape the caramel, and prevent it from catching in the corners! Caramel problemsEach bar is individually wrapped so you can enjoy a little break from the everyday anytime, anywhere.. Individually Wrapped Slices. No hydrogenated vegetable oil. No artificial colours or flavours. Suitable for Vegetarians. The oil palm products contained in this product have been certified to come from RSPO segregated sources and have been produced to stringent environmental and social criteria. www.rspo.org. McVitie's. Stir the caramel filling constantly: Prevent the caramel from burning by stirring it constantly while on the stove. You might notice a few brown specs caught at the bottom of the pot. This is not a problem and will not affect the taste.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment