276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mindfulness for Mums: Simple ways to help you and your family feel calm, connected and content

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re really struggling, talk to someone – It’s not always easy to “keep calm and carry on” as a parent. Drop your awareness inside the breath and feel the different sensations in the front, back and sides of the torso, inside the torso and on the surface of the torso. What are a number of different ways we can learn to be mindful and how can each one help in more detail? The steps include: listening with full attention, non-judgmental acceptance of self and children, emotional awareness of self and child, self-regulation in the parenting relationship and compassion for self and child.

Bath time is a great time to connect with your baby and it’s the perfect opportunity to practice mindfulness because it is a multi-sensory experience for the caregiver as well as the bub. A good one to do on your own is the 3-part breathing space meditation; make yourself comfortable and close your eyes and then work through 3 stages.One way, I’m subconsciously creating stress; the other way I am experiencing happiness and aliveness, and reducing my stress through present-moment awareness.

My psychiatrist was quick to remind me that, although meditation like this sounds lovely, busy mums just don’t have the time to duck away to meditate. So if we just recognise them for what they are, and perhaps say "this is just a thought", perhaps reframing it with a further affirmation, of "its my mind playing tricks on me because i'm tired, I am not my thoughts".

Mindfulness can change all that, as it helps a person tune into their senses and get the most out of the everyday rituals – and in fact every moment – of life. These are all good ways of building a structure, which will help you and your baby get through the day. Clare Hales (MSc) is a mindfulness and wellbeing practitioner and special yoga teacher for child and adolescent mental health. They might include things like the smell of some flowers you passed on the school run, the sound of a baby laughing, the feel of fresh linen, or the sight of sunlight streaming in through a window.

Take note of the flavours, the texture, the colours, how something tastes when you eat it on its own and how it tastes when you put it with something else. If you find your mind wandering, notice this without judgement and gently bring your attention back to the breath. Mindfulness also allows us to become more aware of the stream of thoughts and feelings that we experience, and to see how we can become entangled in that stream in ways that are not helpful. We dream of being back to our past selves, of days when life was simpler or places where we felt free-er and lighter of pressure. Listening with your full attention means stopping what you are doing and giving your child your undivided attention.This activity will help you to pause and notice how much you try and fit into every day if you’re not too caught up in your overthinking mind and learn how to switch yourself off from autopilot mode. Since marrying McFly's Harry Judd in 2012, she has had two children and written two parenting books. While your peeling vegetables for dinner, stop to think about the texture and feel of the vegetable, think about the colour and even the smell.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment