276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ80EB-K Super Zoom Camera - Black

£24.995£49.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Max. 4x (When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x.) For lower light/ higher ISO conditions the ZS100's much larger 1" sensor (over 4x the surface area of the 1/2.3" sensor) will have much better overall image quality.

I have neither camera so I won't attempt camera-specific areas, but my personal standard with my ZS25 is: "A" (Aperture) mode permanently set to ƒ/ 3.3, EV set to -.66 ISO Auto. At low ISO's and good even lighting agree that may not be significant difference with JPG vs RAW. But as lighting conditions become more adverse and ISO increased the clearer the benefits as to highlight/ shadow recovery and much better NR become. Yes, this is frequently said. But remember, it's possible to process JPEGs also. It is a rare photo on a small sensor camera where adjusting the JPEG is significantly inferior to adjusting a RAW. .. There’s four continuous shooting modes on the Lumix TZ80 / ZS60: Low (2fps with Live View), Medium (5fps with Live View), High (10fps without Live View) and Super High (40fps for a burst of 60 frames and at a reduced resolution of 4.5 Megapixels using the electronic shutter). With Continuous autofocus, the top speed reduces slightly to 5fps reagrdless of whether you’re set to Medium or High, so you may as well go for the former and enjoy Live View. is interesting on the TZ90 / ZS70 for several reasons. When I tested 4k quality on the Lumix TZ80 / ZS60, I discovered that while its 18 megapixel sensor produced a higher resolution image with larger detail in 4k video modes compared with 1080, there wasn’t any more detail in the higher resolution image, but there was more noise. With the resolution of the TZ90 / ZS70’s sensor increased from 18 to 20 Megapixels, you wouldn’t expect the results to be much different, but lets take a look.

A pocket sized camera packed with useful features, but the TZ80's image quality lets it down.

Most of the time, the camera's all-purpose metering system does a good job of accurately assessing the scene to produce balanced exposures. Automatic white balance also copes well most of the time, but it can be a little thrown by mixed lighting situations (for instance, an illuminated room which also has some natural light coming in from a window). In these cases, it's best to switch to a specific white balance setting, such as Fluorescent.

Most times I will just lower in camera settings for NR, sharpness and contrast, then edit the jpeg..and all is well . As you can tell from above, this camera puts in a lot of work to capture these moments and process them into high quality images. For that reason, it’s important to pair this camera with an SD card that can keep up. Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity/AF Macro / MF / Intelligent Auto / Motion Picture: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD] [VGA] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB.The Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 starts with a sensor resolution of 5184×3888, from which it takes what appears to be a 1:1 crop to generate a 4k UHD frame. To illustrate the difference in coverage I compared actual 4k footage I filmed with the TZ90 / ZS70 against still photos when using the same lens setting and position. In the image below, the 4k coverage is indicated by the outer edge of the red frame, resulting in a significant reduction in the field of view; indeed when filming 4k video, the equivalent range is cropped from 24-720mm to 35-1050mm – good news at the long-end, but you lose quite a bit of coverage at the wide-end. A lens ring controls manual focus, aperture or shutter speed control, depending on the selected mode. There’s also a rear wheel for exposure adjustments and swift menu navigation. Unlike its predecessors, this model includes a touchscreen, which greatly speeds up autofocus point selection and is welcome for menu navigation, too. If within your budget IMHO for a "family" compact/ general purpose camera the ZS100 a overall better camera for overall better image quality than TZ70, TZ80, or HX90 camera with the small 1/2.3" sensor and lens' slow F3.3-6.4 max aperture lens. Also the ZS100 built-in flash much better than the tiny flash on the TZ70. For [4K] video output, use an HDMI cable that has the HDMI logo on it, and that is described as"4K compatible".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment