276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Diddly Squat: The No 1 Sunday Times Bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whilst this isn't the most thrilling book i've read, it did provide what I needed - which was something I could more or less switch off my brain to and let Jeremy mutter in my ear about the joys and sorrows of farming. However, close to the end you get Clarkson making several snarky comments about transgender issues and pronouns like ‘what the lefties also can’t understand, because they’re too busy deciding whether to go to the women’s lavatory or the men’s’. Pull on your wellies, grab your flat cap and join Jeremy Clarkson in this hilarious and fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the farm we're all obsessed with. aga mitte kõiki, pluss audioversiooni on ta vürtsitanud mõnede lisakommentaaridega, mida ma eestikeelset paberversiooni poes lapates trükis küll ei näinud.

Well, obviously I know quite well who Jeremy Clarkson is, in the part of the world where I live, I'd have to live under a rock not to, wouldn't I? It’s easy to read, because it is meant for newspaper readers to have something interesting and entertaining to accompany their coffee and bagel (or Sunday Lunch). To ten rodzaj człowieka, co to został dziennikarzem, ale ma w sobie potencjał na chamskiego stand-upera, który kpi z każdego, nawet siebie. Diddly Squat – A Year on the Farm is the companion book to the first series of Clarkson’s Farm, and like the series, it follows Jeremy Clarkson as he stumbles through learning how to actually be a farmer in his famous, bumbling ‘I’m a complete idiot,’ style.I read this book sooner than planned because I wanted something quick and easy to read, and this was the perfect book. Those who are having The Grand Tour withdrawal symptoms may or may not enjoy Jeremy Clarkson’s life on the farm.

I mean, who's unaffected by the Aston Martin DB5 zooming through the Furka Pass in Goldfinger or the improved Ford Falcon raced across Aussie desert highways by Max Rockatansky? Unfortunately I counted three needless passing yet mocking references to transgender people which serve no purpose whatsoever but to simply make you cringe.I mostly read this because after working at DEFRA the world of farming suddenly becomes a lot more interesting so I was intrigued to get Clarkson's take on it. Clarkson’s usual wit and humour is ever-present and while there were a few phrases that had me scrunching my nose, I loved this book. I've always found Clarkson funny since his Top Gear days (as in sure many do) and this book is no exception however, unless you're actually interested in farming (which i can't say I do, although my grandad had a farm) it's not really for you.

näiteks üks paremaid kolumne, kus ta üsna veenvalt ära tõestas, et kogu Ühendkuningriigi maa tuleks anda rikkuritele a la Sting, kes saaksid seal looduslikku mitmekesisust hoida ja orgaanilist toitu kasvatada, ilma muretsemata, et see ära ei tasu - sellele oli ta audios nii ette kui taha lisanud kommentaari, et see on erakordselt idiootlik idee ja ta ei saa aru, kuidas ta midagi sellist üldse kirja sai panna. However, it doesn't get a higher rating as it was too breezy at times and he was a bit too controversial in parts. He wants a chainsaw but he’s afraid of them, and he constantly worries that he’ll walk home some day with his severed arm in a bag. It was so fun to hear him narrate his own experiences on the farm and I even learned a lot about farming and the political landscape in which it is situated.

In reality, this compilation of columns is littered with bizarre personal attacks against women (Carrie Johnson gets regular scathing remarks while Johnson's policies are ignored) and nothing that isn't already available on the TV series.

Discover the joy of reading with us, your trusted source for affordable books that do not compromise on quality.It’s clear that even for all its frustrations, Clarkson enjoys farming and it really shows through his writing. Kui sa oled suvaline minusugune, siis kirjutad sa selle internetti kuhugile digipapüürusele, et pakkuda vähemalt teistele oma kannatustest meelelahutust. These comments weren’t related to the subject matter of the book at all, were unnecessary and from as far as I can tell, were made for the sole purpose of shocking people and being controversial.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment