276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Flawed

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She is imprisoned, literally branded on her body and made to wear an arm patch with a big capital F on it, so all of society will know of her disgrace. The book is about a happily married couple who are envied by others for their chemistry and love. The husband is diagnosed with a fatal illness and he dies in a few months. Garry plans a series of surprises and tasks for Holly to get over her and at the end of the letters he was able to convince Holly to move on and enjoy her life. The main character is strongly developed and felt a bit unrealistic as teenagers like her do not exist anymore, someone who is perfect beyond imagination. Celestine North is perfect in everything she puts her hands and mind into. At times, her way too perfect attitude annoyed me. Art is the guy who is facing issues due to his mother's death and adores Celestine more than his heart and their cheesy romance with talks of future and all makes the story sweet. The supporting cast is quite well-developed and the author holds a strong grip on their psychological aspects all through out the story. Soon after this incident, while Celestine is commuting on a bus, she commits an act that ultimately gets her branded as Flawed. Her crime, compassion.

It has a lot of the elements you see in a typical dystopian novel; a society governed by strict rules to keep people in line, yew-neek character names, a love triangle and a follow-the-rules teenager who suddenly becomes the poster girl for a revolution.

I was very pleased that the storyline got more interesting, the story was NOT taken over by the relationships, Celestine's naive personality made more sense as we went on, and I liked how the author let bad things happen to the protagonist. She didn't get saved at every turn or unrealistically get away with stuff. A few days later, Celestine tries to help an elderly Flawed man who has a coughing fit on the bus. It’s a decision that will send her life in an unexpected direction. Celestines Leben scheint perfekt: Sie ist schön, bei allen beliebt und hat einen unglaublich tollen Freund. Doch dann handelt sie in einem entscheidenden Moment aus dem Bauch heraus. Und bricht damit alle Regeln. Sie könnte im Gefängnis landen oder gebrandmarkt werden - verurteilt als Fehlerhafte. Denn Fehler sind in ihrer Welt nicht erlaubt. Nichts geht über Perfektion. Auch nicht Menschlichkeit. Jetzt muss sie kämpfen - um ihre eigene Zukunft und um ihre große Liebe. . Flawed is about a young girl Celestine who lives in a place where everything has to be perfect, perfect family, perfect boyfriend, perfect life but it's all about to change. If people are found not to be perfect they are branded like cattle with the marking F for flawed, pretty harsh shit if you ask me, but it isn't too much different from real life? Aren't we all under scrutiny to be perfect? By the media, by your friends, even social media puts pressure on your life.. the only exception we don't get a huge F on parts of our bodies. Cee finds herself in a situation where her morals and compassion put her in a situation which that now deems her flawed and blurs the lines of what flawed actually means.

Celestine North lives a perfect life. She’s a model daughter and sister, she’s well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she’s dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.

I've noticed, either readers love or hate this book. And me? I'm just in the middle :) actually I found it overall quite interesting. I liked the characters. What I liked particularly was that the protagonist - Celestine North had to experience the difference between being "perfect" and "flawed" in a dystopian society, where it is a MUST to follow all rules and social norms. Celestine is a refreshing protagonist. For one, she happens to be mixed-race, which shouldn't be a big deal but which, in a world where young people of colour are shamefully under-represented in fiction, is important. And unlike some dystopian heroines, she is not a natural rebel or warrior. Like Jessika Keller, the teenage protagonist of Julie Mayhew's superb dystopian novel The Big Lie, Celestine is a "good girl". Academic, beautiful and just popular enough, she's always wanted to follow the rules, to avoid standing out. The main character, Celestine North, sees herself as perfect. She comes from a law-abiding family: her mother is a "model in high demand", her father is the head of a television station, News 24. Ruled over by the 'Guild', in this society those who lie, cheat or steal must wear an armband emblazoned with a red letter F, and their skin or tongue (in the case of lying) must be branded with the same letter. So far, so The Scarlett Letter meets Louise O'Neill's Only Ever Yours. At the opening of the book, Bosco Craven, head of the Guild and father of Celestine's boyfriend, Art, is celebrating Earth Day with Celestine and her family. Another family, the Tinders, are late for dinner and as the group sits down without them, sirens rent the air.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment