276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dave Pigeon: WORLD BOOK DAY 2023 AUTHOR: 1

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Our Premier League Takeover Footy & Booky Quiz ran for a third consecutive year, and was hosted by top sports presenter Kelly Somers, along with Football School authors Alex Bellos and Ben Lyttleton. The quiz was aimed at pupils aged 8 to 12, and featured two rounds of questions (one football-themed, one reading-themed). You can still access all the footy fun by watching the quiz recording. Faber & Faber was founded nearly a century ago, in 1929. Read about our long publishing history in a decade-by-decade account. Aided by Skipper (typing the story as it happens), Dave also aims to defeat his nemesis Mean Cat - even if it means changing his epic plans, here and there. Children will laugh themselves silly at Dave, and the expressive illustrations complete a perfect funny book for younger readers.

The winners of The Farshore Reading for Pleasure Teacher Awards 2023, highlighting the work schools are doing to encourage a love of reading, have... Author Guy Bass introduces SCRAP, about one robot who tried to protect the humans on his planet against an army of robots. Now the humans need his...I liked the characters and their friendship. I enjoyed the fact that the story didn't end even after the cat was defeated. this is such a funny book. i like all the pictures. when dave was in a jar me and my brother were laughing Claude is no ordinary dog - he leads an extraordinary life! When Mr and Mrs Shinyshoes set off for work, Claude heads for the city, where pigeons, beret shops and robberies await. The National Literacy Trust was commissioned by World Book Day to evaluate the impact of the initiative on the reading lives of children aged 8 to 11 in the UK.

Faber Members have access to live and online events, special editions and book promotions, and articles and quizzes through our weekly e-newsletter. How to choose books you'll love - a fun animation to share with children to guide them through the process of choosing a book and inspire them to explore the bookshelves. WINNER of the Greenhouse Funny Prize; SHORTLISTED for the Sainsbury's Book Award and numerous regional awards, this hilarious series is adored by its readers!Was a brilliant book. The character I liked the best was Dave. Would definitely recommend it to someone else to read Consult our directory of authors and storytellers to help plan a school visit (virtual or in-person) in the coming year. Swapna Haddow was the winner of the Greenhouse Funny prize 2014. She is the author of the Dave Pigeon books, including How to Deal with Bad Cats and Keep (Most of) your Feathers and a further one, coming in 2017. Swapna lives in London with her husband and son and their pet hamster Gary. When she's not writing she is usually reading, dreaming about living on a boat or eating Jaffa Cakes.

Books are absolutely crucial in getting us to think about new worlds': we speak to the award-winning author, Onjali Q Rauf Oct 2023 32,000 children tune into our Take 10 moments featuring Ziggy Hanaor, Ollie Silvester, Susie Dent and Aoife Dooley this series of books are really funny and they are about 2 pigeons called Dave and Skipper. Even my mum loves it! Drawing on this expertise the team has provided a set of resources to help you run a Book Choice 'Tasting' Café on World Book Day - or beyond. This collection includes:With biscuits on their minds, and grumbling from their stomachs, they set off to find a new owner. Reginald Grimster seems a good choice at first, but why is he so keen on feeding them? And why does he have so many books about cooking?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment