276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Red Clay Powder for Seed Balls and Seed Bombs (1000g)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They cater to all the pottery folks around, but when I asked if they had red clay the guy said, "Like the kind to make seedballs with?

However, you probably want to use seeds that are already suited to your regional climate and geology. Unfortunately, it’s hard to always be home on the perfect seed sowing day so Millie has discovered a way to make some set and forget seed starters – seed balls or seed scats! While this is certainly not an exhaustive list of ways to make seed bombs, it does cover the classic clay method and a few innovations on that technique. If your dough is still a bit sticky towards the middle then roll it in the extra flour you have put onto your surface. Bokashi compost must go through a secondary aerobic compost to be sufficiently broken down, however you can add bokashi tea to improve the microbial community in your seed balls.Millie is making some combination seed balls using Cosmos sulphureus (Orange cosmos) and Alyssum seeds.

Seed balls with finely sieved compost are so easy to roll and the finer compost helps hold the seed ball together and also provides better seed-matrix contact.Combine this with native seeds, and you’re working directly with the local flora by throwing native wildflower seed bombs. Anyone who has a thing for flowers, plants, or herbs—or the butterflies, birds, and bees that gravitate toward them—will appreciate this fun and easy garden-enhancing project. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. In that same vein, while it may be tempting to throw them in a construction lot, it’s not the best idea.

Ingredients: Clay powder, wool compost (organic and Soil Association approved), seeds (a mix of 22 native wildflowers). If it’s too dry, add a bit more water, but be aware that it probably does not need additional water, even if you think it does. Then I remembered that I have a brick of non toxic air dry clay in my craft hoards, so I started looking for recipes using air dry clay. Once all of your seed bombs are dry, you can plant them in indoor or outdoor pots, your yard, or in neglected patches of soil you’re allowed to access. The seeds are dispersed by being thrown (like a grenade), into an area lacking vegetation or otherwise.You know, this is the most labor-intensive part of making seed balls, but it makes such a difference. This easy bee garden activity is a lot of fun and yet another simple way you can help save the bees. There are many ways to go about making seed bombs and many more reasons outside of guerilla gardening.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment