276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bushcraft Essentials Bushbox Outdoor Pocket Stove

£18.325£36.65Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thanks to the Trivets, you can place an external heat source (e.g. Trangia) at any height in the Bushbox LF. A great simple design that works really well... exceptionally small and light. What works best for me: Let the stove cool down by itself. Trying to hasten that process by pouring cold water on a hot stove can severely warp it and weaken the metal. Once the embers have either been removed or have burned themselves out, the Bushbox Ultralight will usually cool down to the point you can touch in a minute or two. Make Sure it is Legal

I have the 5" Firebox, only improvement would be weight. Its a very versatile cooking machine and pretty much bomb proof. When it comes to ultralight cooking with liquid fuel, alcohol stoves are tough to beat. Not only are they generally compact, lightweight, and efficient, but the fuel is widely available and easy to find practically anywhere. This last step is optional unless you are using a very small cookpot or are going to grill on your Bushbox Ultralight. Most of the time I do use the trivet, but only so I don’t lose it – and I’m sure it does add some strength to the stove. At Camping Things we’re proud of our selections and only review the most high-quality equipment around, at the best prices. These ultra portable stoves are light, powerful and built to last BushBox XL Combination Kit

The Bushcraft Essentials Bushbox Ultralight Stove can be used with wood and other organic material, a standard Trangia burner or even a Esbit. Now if you want more power, I suggest you consider the Bushbox XL also from this maker. Like this one, it has a very well thought and sturdy design and you can't go wrong. This model is ultra lightweight, the other one not so but a real workhorse. The stove is definitely stainless as there is no rust whatsoever, but mine has lost all its silvery shine. I think it’s still there beneath the burned on tar and grease residue, but I don’t mind the tarnished look. After all, that’s part of the appeal of cooking with a firebox stove. Adapting to Different Kitchen Setups Here you can see how I hold the Bushbox Ultralight during assembly. I squeeze the side pieces together with my thumb and fingertips to hold the grill plate in place. STEP 3: Attach the Remaining Side Plate I first noticed my condition shortly after I got married. It started simply enough. I recognized it when I started making sure that I did the dishes before the wife got a chance to.

We’re not going to get into firebox cooking here, but there is a very important aspect of firebox cooking that really applies to the Bushbox Ultralight: allowing the stove to cool. Overall, I was very impressed by this little stove. If you're looking for something that is very compact but still want to use biomass that you can find in your surroundings and not carry solid alcohol, then this is your choice away from an Ezbit or Trangia.I mean these are nice choices but less versatile. Once you are finished cooking, either let the wood burn out by itself, or, using some sort of tongs or hot pad, shake or dump out the wood in a safe place where it can burn out on it’s own. With the Bushbox LF you are completely independent, as it can be used in many different ways and is suitable for natural solid fuels (twigs, branches, leaves, charcoal, animal dung) as well as for spirit burners (e.g. Trangia), Esbit tablets, gel cookers, etc.Think of a firebox as simply a tiny, contained and controlled cook fire. It is basically a campfire shrunk down to the size of your cookpot, which makes it incredibly efficient in terms of the amount of wood it takes to cook a meal. Here I am attaching the last side plate on the Bushbox Ultralight by inserting the tab into the slot and lining things up as I hinge it in place. STEP 4: Attach the Trivet The reason for this is the clever adaptable design of the Bushbox Ultralight. Slots in the side pieces allow the user to adjust the height of the bottom grill plate, making it extremely adaptable to stoves of varying sizes, strengths, and heights.

While keeping tension on the outer ends of the side plates, insert the tab of the remaining side plate into the corresponding slot of the assembled side plate. Carefully push the side plate into place against the grill plate so that the tab goes into the proper slot.More than anything else, this is why my Bushbox Ultralight stove would be a primary item I would choose for a bugout bag for the zombie apocalypse. Another reason the firebox designs work so well is that the fire draws oxygen from below. This not only makes a super efficient fire, but also cuts down a lot of smoke – an important aspect when you are cooking. I’ve used charcoal and the extended grill on my XL to cook up some hotdogs for the kid, no warping at all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment