276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wild Robot Escapes: Volume 2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So you read this sweet, family-friendly story by Peter Brown, and now you’re on the hunt for books like The Wild Robot? Welcome! The author, Peter Brown, has incorporated all types of technology and scientific terminology into The Wild Robot. Examine these with your group to determine what is real, and what isn’t quite real. What are some technological advances that he didn’t include in the story? How would you have included more? I just adored that everyone had heard the tales about the robot mother and the goose son. How every animal (well, most of them) tried to help her as soon as she revealed who she was. Roz could feel her Survival Instincts—the part of her computer brain that made her want to avoid danger and take care of herself so she could continue functioning properly. Her instincts were urging her to move away from the ocean. She carefully got to her feet and saw that high above the shore, the land was bursting with trees and grasses and flowers. It looked lush and safe up there. It looked like a much better place for our robot. She had just one problem. To get up there, she would have to climb the sea cliffs. As was the case in the first book, this second volume once again had cute images throughout as can be seen by the examples I posted throughout the review. Really cool way to make (small and big) readers think and connect.

Roz has the tremendous task of adapting to her new way of life, much like people do in many ways in real life. What are some examples of how Roz adapts to these changes? Was it easy for her? What challenges did she face? Be sure to use details from the text. Of course, the book is also illustrated. I loved the art in the previous book, and I loved it in this one. The style just fits perfect with the writing style.We have been reading the Wild Robot books a lot . We loved your first Wild Robot book, so we had to move onto your second one. I’m excited to hear that there will be a new one. My favourite part is where Roz jumped off the building then someone rebuilt Roz to save her life. The books showed me how characters react. My favourite characters are Roz and Brightbill because they stand out. The chapters varied in size, some were really short, others were long. I quite liked that the author did it this way, it made it all just a bit more fun and engaging to read. So we go from a lush green landscape full of animals and games to streets and buildings and robots working for humans. Since Roz is just another thing for the people there, she gets refurbished and is sold cheaply to a family to work on their farm. Aren't we all a little broken and need the loving kindness of others from time to time, a gentle word here and there as a reminder that we matter to someone else? I know I do.

Ahoy there me mateys! I fell in love with Roz in the first book, the wild robot. While I try to post no spoilers, if ye haven’t read the first book then ye might want to skip this post. If ye keep reading this log then ye have been forewarned and continue at yer own peril . . . As Roz adapts to her new life, roles, and responsibilities, she comes to like being at the farm. However, she still sometimes longs to leave. Why do you think this is? Have you ever had a time in your life where you have felt like this? Discuss with your group or partner. Roz is torn, she grows to care for the young children and wants to help the farm succeed...but she cannot live with the thought of never seeing her son or the island of animals again. croak, “Where are you? I can’t see you!” And then another would reply, “I’m over here! Follow my voice!” When Roz first stomped across the island, the animal squawks and growls and chirps had sounded like nothing more than meaningless noises. But she no longer heard animal noises. Now she heard animal words.

A] stellar sequel… Warmth and gentleness court through the novel, even as dangers emerge.”― Booklist, starred review Using one of Storyboard That’s board game templates, create a game based on the book for your classmates to play! Roz is a robot, and is not supposed to feel emotions. Do you think she feels emotions? Give examples from the book to explain your reasoning. For Groups: Divide the chapters of the book amongst your group members. Each member of the group creates a storyboard for their assigned chapter. This can be done as a collaborative project, or separately for longer novels. Roz, the main character, is a robot who was stranded on an island when her carrier ship sank. Her sophisticated software makes her smart and resourceful enough to survive among the animals on the island, and eventually she develops relationships and feelings. What happens to Roz at the end of The Wild Robot?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment