276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sentence is Death: A mind-bending murder mystery from the bestselling author of THE WORD IS MURDER

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Passion, deception, an unexplained death and a detective with quite a lot to hide lie at the heart of Anthony Horowitz's brilliant murder mystery, the second in the bestselling series starring Private Investigator Daniel Hawthorne. In the second book of this series, we see Horowitz himself as the narrator again — a breaking of the fourth wall of sorts. The whodunnit is standard and enjoyable. And it was a “good” read.

on earth have you been doing?” his wife asks him at the end of The Word is Murder. “You could have been No-one has ever proven with numbers that killing murderers stops other people committing similar crimes Anthony, the narrator, is once again approached by ex-Detective Inspector Daniel Hawthorne and asked to write about him and a case he is working on, despite the fact that their first collaboration has not been published yet. Although Anthony is not too keen on Hawthorne, the details of the case pique him and he reluctantly agrees to document the case.After his work on the writer’s TV series, the detective asked the writer if he would be interested in writing a book about him, splitting the profits 50-50. Asshole Victim: Richard. He only ever paid for anything for Davina to feel better about her husband's death, which he caused, and he refused to pay for his old friend's surgery that would have saved him from a slow and painful death. What does it mean? And who was at his front door just minutes before he died and while he was still talking on the phone? He had a sort of cheerful self-confidence that was actually quite cold-blooded, utterly focused on his own needs at the expense of everyone else’s. He was not tall or well built but he gave the impression that, by whatever means necessary, he would never lose a fight. His hair, somewhere between brown and gray, was cut very short, particularly around the ears. His eyes, a darker brown, gazed innocently out of a pale, slightly unhealthy face. This was not someone who spent a lot of time in the sun,” Mr. Horowitz writes. “He was dressed in a dark suit, a white shirt and a narrow tie, clothes that might have been deliberately chosen to say nothing about him. His shoes were brightly polished. As he moved forward, he was already searching for me and I had to ask myself — how had he even known I was here?”

I went dancing and then out to dinner." She scowled. "What do you think I did? I sat on my own and counted the hours until I could leave."countries which have death penalty laws but haven't executed anyone for at least 10 years, and a policy or more formal commitment not to execute

New York Times –bestselling author Anthony Horowitz and eccentric detective Daniel Hawthorne team up again in a new mystery, the sequel to the brilliantly inventive The Word Is Murder , to delve deep into the killing of a high-profile divorce lawyer and the death, only a day earlier, of his one-time friend. life of an accomplished television creator and novelist, making The Word is Murder and The Sentence is Death a success Despite these difficulties, the TV crew was filming when a 21st century taxi rolled onto the set with a Justin Timberlake song blasting from the vehicle. Cut!Forget about solving all these crimes; the signal triumph here is (spoiler) the heroine’s survival. The writer again follows the detective as he investigates the murder of a powerful celebrity divorce lawyer who was killed by being bludgeoned with an expense bottle of wine. One suspect is a poet and novelist whose husband the lawyer represented in a nasty divorce case. The case is later complicated when the detective learns that years before the lawyer’s friend had died while exploring a cave with the lawyer and another man. You shouldn’t be here. It’s too late…” were Pryce’s last recorded words but what exactly do they mean?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment