276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pretzel Games | Men at Work | Family Game | Ages 8+ | 30-45 Minutes Playing Time

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Again, I enjoy dexterity games of all types and Men at Work is easy to learn and fast to the table. The components included are not only aesthetically pleasing and detailed but really do an excellent job of supporting the construction theme. My group and I were big fans of the variant rules which really help enhance the base rules but also add to the replay value. Whether you like dexterity games or not, Men at Work is a lot of fun, even after players have been eliminated, as that structure is going to come crashing down at some point, it’s just a question of who will do it!

Men at Work Board Game Review - Roll to Review Building Fun: Men at Work Board Game Review - Roll to Review

If you've not played a dexterity game, they are infuriatingly joyous and have you twitching with excitement and trepidation. You must try and place the next piece onto the construction without it toppling. Can you balance girders and workers as your construction grows throughout the game? Playing Men at Work Foreman – In this version players start the game with 2 random instruction cards. Over the course of the game, they can use one of these cards if they do not want to carry out an instruction shown on a drawn card. This version also states players have to place workers on the highest girder of the chosen colour. As the structure builds, placing your pieces becomes increasingly difficult. Your nerves will be tested, as will the steadiness of your hand. Final Thoughts on Men at Work Dexterity games are often dismissed as being activities more than they are games, but Men at Work proves that notion doesn’t always apply. Designed by Rita Modl and produced by Pretzel Games, Men at Work will test your dexterity and have you building to dizzying heights. Get to WorkIn most games, I’m not a fan of player elimination, as I often feel like there’s a better solution than having someone sit out and watch. Thankfully, it’s not really an issue in Men at Work, for two reasons. First off, since the game is just so entertaining to watch, even after being eliminated you can still get some enjoyment out of watching other players cause accidents or succeed in their ambitious plays. Secondly, and most importantly, the game is so short that even when someone gets eliminated relatively early, they only tend to have to watch for 5-10 minutes before the game ends. So, how do you decide what to add and where to place it? At the start of each turn, you turn over the card on the top of the pile to reveal the instructions. This is so simple, but it's genius as the random generation increases the replay-ability. The revealed card explains how to place the object.

Men at Work Review | Board Game Quest

I’m telling you, the accidents are the best part of Men at Work, rivaled only by the moment leading up to an accident, where everyone around the table anticipates watching the active player fail miserably at their seemingly impossible task. Allowing anyone who’s interested in playing to start without a lengthy rules explanation or a 17-minute introduction to modern board games. That concept works so well, thanks in large part to the theme, highlighted by the game’s magnificent table presence. Even if dexterity games aren’t your jam, anyone who sees this being played would be tempted to stop and watch. It’s not just that it looks nice; the components are heavy, durable, and satisfying to maneuver. The next player then has to use the safety hook to remove all the fallen pieces. Once they have done this they can continue with their turn. However, if the player causes an accident during a clean-up operation, they also lose a certificate and forfeit their turn.Foreman – In this version of the game, players are dealt 2 instruction cards during setup. Players use these cards if they do not want to carry out an instruction card they’ve drawn. As an extra rule, players must also place any workers on the highest girder of the chosen colour. On the top of the draw pile is either a picture of a builder’s hat with coloured gloves or a picture of coloured girders. This tells you what to place. The colour of the gloves explains what colour girder to place your meeple builder on. The colour girder describes which colour girder you will be placing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment