276°
Posted 20 hours ago

House of Beating Wings (The Kingdom of Crows Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are (small and big) plot/character reveals I didn’t see coming! I’m not sure who to trust anymore Fallon had some MAJOR revelations about her past and her future at the end of Beating Wings, and early in this book she discovers even more. There’s more to the prophecy making her the key to breaking the curse on the Crows. The crown of Luce is on the line. And Fallon FINALLY realizes what Lore is to her. She is understandably upset about all of it, and makes a LOT of terrible decisions as a result. Though she eventually starts coming around and accepts her fate, her efforts are thwarted in a major way in the EPIC cliffhanger I’m still reeling from. While I found this quite hard to get into at the start, mostly because Fallon was annoying me, I really enjoyed it as soon as the crow turned up from about 1/3 of the way through! I went from really disliking Fallon to loving her and how fearless and brave she is! That’s character development if you ask me. stars, easily, happily, and with eternal gratitude to my crow queen olivia for the ARC because truly if i had to wait one more day to read this book i would have combusted from anticipation. immediate add to favorites shelf.

Once upon a time, Lore, you told me that we were just beginning.” I glance over my shoulder as my words settle into him. “So let’s begin.” We see the return of Sybille and Phoebus in this book, and I loved that Olivia gave them their own personal struggles and journeys, instead of just having them be “the best friends”. I loved seeing more of their personalities come forward in this book, as well as their vulnerabilities and motivations as they navigate through this period of strife and change in their world.

Popular Posts

Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including: Overall, the story blended perfect amounts of action, humor, tension, intrigue, and twists that kept me engaged until the very end!

Diving deeper into the Sky Kingdom was awesome, and I really enjoyed getting some new Crow characters.I stand planted in front of my door like one of Nonna’s medicinal shrubs for a solid minute after he retreats to his rooms, gaping after him. So far, I think this is Wildenstein’s best world building. We have politics, a war, magic, multiple supernatural creatures and more… (and all of them were well done). I loved this and I absolutely cannot wait for the final installment. The characters were well written and the banter between the MCs was top notch in my opinion. In the next installment I’m hoping to see more of Fallon’s relationship with her parents, I’m hoping to see a more mature side to our female heroine and I’m hoping to see a bit more trust between the MCs. Also, I wouldn’t mind if the next book had an actual plot lolll. And hopefully, the romance in it gets even better, especially since Fallon has finally accepted the mating bond and has stopped being stubborn about her relationship with Lore.

Fallon is a girl looked down upon in society. Working at the tavern, not a brothel, she has seen the worst of the worst when it comes to men. Known as the “serpent charmer”, everyone stays on edge wondering what if she truly has powers, even though she says otherwise. And watching her character grow through the book was done perfectly. It´s a question of knowing the loyalty of the males around me. They´ll do anything to protect their prince. Anything." One such example if the narrators constant stream of side thoughts. Dozens of lines which add nothing but word count. Yes a decent editor should have advised it all be left on the cutting room floor but a write of Wildenstein's usual caliber should also have seen at second glance of her manuscript that it was all utter rubbish.My heart hurt for Lore. He tried so hard again and again with Fallon. She was his mate, yet she wanted none of it. Fallon was determined to have her independence and stay away from him. But even when Lore wasn't around Fallon, I loved how well informed he kept. I laughed out loud way too many times over that! Through it all, Lore was a constant. He was seductive, charming and impossible to ignore. And he always protected Fallon. There was literally nothing he wouldn't do for her *cries*. Plus he seemed to play by her rules, and respect Fallon's needs and wants when push came to shove So I kept waiting for the moment that Lore would claim her, because I knew it would be so hot! PDF / EPUB File Name: House_of_Beating_Wings_-_Olivia_Wildenstein.pdf, House_of_Beating_Wings_-_Olivia_Wildenstein.epub

i'm disappointed with how this turned out. after such a banger first novel this sequel fell flat for me. i found that i had the same issue with this as i did last novel, which is that the beginning was so slow going. it took until almost halfway through for me to get pumped about anything that was going on. also i feel like fallon somehow devolved into a much more immature character since book one.There is none. Plain and simple. I would love to tell you that there’s a whole lot happening in this book and that we get a lot of world building but the truth is, that would be a lie. Frankly, the first book had a lot more world-building than this one. At least in House of Beating Wings we had some fight scenes and we had a lot of political issues and power games going on. In this installment however, there is none of that. We’re only following Fallon around the Sky kingdom and getting to know more characters. That said, you might be wondering “but Rose, if this book had no plot then how the hell did you give it five stars?” I did that for one reason and one reason only and that is…. Everyone is hiding stuff from her, no one trusts her with the truth because she is basically a child whining the whole book. Book Genre: Adult, Adventure, Fae, Fairies, Fantasy, Fantasy Romance, Fiction, High Fantasy, New Adult, Paranormal, Romance The Author Resource Round Table on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/116489?group_id=26989

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment