276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fosi Audio TB10D 600W TPA3255 Power Amplifier Home Audio HiFi Stereo Class D Digital 2 Channel Integrated Mini Passive Speaker Amp[Upgraded Version]

£44.995£89.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mini classic simple design with bass, treble, and volume control. On the rear are banana plug connectors that can also accept a raw wire. ZK-1002/ ZK-1002L/ ZK-1002T/ ZK-502L/ ZK-502C/ ZK-502T/ ZK-TB21 manual *Manual For Mono/Subwoofer Amplifier: The Fosi Audio TB10D boasts impressive versatility, accommodating a wide range of audio sources. It features RCA and 3.5mm auxiliary inputs, allowing users to connect various devices such as smartphones, computers, or CD players. Additionally, the inclusion of a dedicated subwoofer output enhances the system's flexibility, enabling users to enhance their audio experience by adding a separate subwoofer. I saw a review for the revamped version and thought you know what, the price seems reasonable to give myself a go at the class D type amps. I am not quite sure what I was expecting, I was hoping for a decent sound at a good enough volume for my small room and to work with some old Cambridge Audio S30 speakers I have lying around. power supply, with 10db attenuators max volume is low compared to my BT20A (older version) much more without, a little sparkle sound when using my 24v power supply, power was on from the psu when connected to the amp that was off

Fosi TB10D vs Topping LA90 (David vs Mini Goliath) - Reddit Fosi TB10D vs Topping LA90 (David vs Mini Goliath) - Reddit

A tiny stereo amplifier designed to be connected to unpowered speakers seems an odd thing, as you aren’t often called upon to produce an amp while you are out and about, except perhaps a headphone amp which the Fosi Audio TB10D TPA3255 is not. Then again, there is an attractiveness to having a portable 600W amp, or one that takes up a minuscule amount of space on a shelf. Considering the variety of products Fosi Audio sells there must be something to this. Still not sure which one I like best, overall they both sound great, just slightly different. I will be testing them further when my new Elac debut b6 speakers come in the mail. I also think you Kenwood is probably on its way out :(. If you are experiencing enough frequency drop off you need to EQ it something internally is certainly dying and most likely has other issues going on that make a pretty bad reference point to compare other amps. Reply In terms of inputs and outputs, the Fosi Audio TB10D is quite simple: there’s the RCA inputs and the speaker outputs. That’s it. Considering the price point of the TB10D, this is quite understandable. Fosi Audio TB10D There’s only one input on the unit, which is RCA, while the Fosi Audio K5 Amp DAC has RCA coaxial, optical, and USB inputs.I bough one but sadly you can't get it with a 42v (audiophonics has one 42v laptop psu) or a 48v psu instead of the 32v psu It should be noted that I have absolutely no affiliation with Fosi Audio. I’d like to thank Fosi audio for providing the sample for this review. This review reflects my personal experience with the Fosi Audio TB10D Hifi Stereo Amplifier. Every opinion expressed is mine and I stand by it. The purpose of this review is to help those interested in the Fosi Audio TB10D Hifi Stereo Amplifier / EQ find their next music companion. Anyway, I hope this shows what I think is the big advantage of well implemented tone controls in an amp and the ability to blend the Sub output to provide some level of tweaking the sound to your tastes. Build quality feels great overall, but with such budget items I guess time will tell. The on/off switch is sturdy, and the volume and tone controls are smooth in use. I personally use banana plugs on my speaker cables, when the terminals are tight together like on the TB10D is does make it neater. The RCA inputs are fine and the aluminium casing does well to dissipate heat as well as making the device look sleek. Functionality I've owned/used 10 different Asian-made Class D amp over the past years, and when I received this new updated version of the Fosi Audio TB10D, I immediately discovered that it has a sound signature similar to many of the models out there with the Texas Instruments TPA3255 amplifier chip - that is dynamic and a bit warmer and fuller. Like select models using this TPA3255 chip, the user has the ability to use power supplies ranging from 24-48V varieties and the higher you go, the more wattage the amp is capable of putting out.

Fosi Audio V3 - Revenge Of The Class D Amp - PC Perspective Fosi Audio V3 - Revenge Of The Class D Amp - PC Perspective

I am not sure quite what I was expecting but it wasn't this, it sounds great, not going to get too techy about these things but can I hear everything? yes, is it loud enough for my small (11'x10') room? my goodness yes, though of course there has to be some consideration for the neighbours.

Final Thoughts

Midrange and Treble capabilities: Very nice and smooth, however, like all class D amps have a tendency to do at times (but becoming rarer with each new release), some instruments may still come through with a slight "steely" quality to them, like stringed instruments in a large symphony orchestra. However, the TB10D does a much better job than most in this department. I also wouldn’t want to push the amp to deliver its maximum power (at the onset of clipping) for a long time. In most domestic settings though, where an amp like this is likely to be used, you won’t need anywhere near that amount of power unless your speakers are unusually inefficient. It’s safe to assume that this amp will produce more than enough output for its intended use, and I certainly found this to be the case. I ran the amp with a pair of Tannoy precision 6.2 floorstanding loudspeakers. They are 89dB efficient (measured at the industry standard 1W / 1M) and are a relatively easy load, though do benefit from plenty of current to really get them going.

Fosi Audio V3 review: affordable Class D gets serious Fosi Audio V3 review: affordable Class D gets serious

If the ingredients of this amp were transferred to a larger unit with more inputs I would seriously consider such a product for my main system. The high-efficient 2.0CH 300Wx2 desktop power amplifier can drive almost home large passive bookshelf speakers ensuring top-notch sound quality and is compatible with most sound equipment such as computers, DVDs, CD players, PC, laptops, TV, etc. Depth and air around the instruments: The TB10D does an average job here - nothing exceptional, yet good enough. However, for class D amps in general, this particular intangible quality is often elusive. If there was anything that the TB10D could use, it’s possibly another optical input format. But the RCA was more than suitable for my use, and the initial testing I did was just using an Alexa Mini to play into the Fosi Audio directly. Unfortunately, being by the ocean, the C370 has given up and is no longer keen to play anything. So as a replacement, in the short term, which will probably end up being months if not years, the Fosi Audio is going to replace it.

TL;DR: recap

Okay, admittedly, that’s 600 watts, which is 300 watts per channel at four ohms, or 150 watts per channel at eight ohms, but that’s some serious oomph for such a little unit. Bluetooth implementation is clean - IMO this is better than the A07 Pro (which was very noisy in the model I have) Fosi Audio TB10D vs Arylic A50+ (79 USD vs 200 USD) – The shape and size is larger for TB10D and it uses normal speaker power plugs, which I like much more than the solution Arylic uses, and the maximum driving power is much higher on the Fosi TB10D. The maximum loudness is actually similar, because above a certain loudness, TB10D and its high THD will become audible, but at low volumes, it can be more controlled, have better impact and more bass, especially if you engage the EQ wheels. With the EQ Wheels not engaged, or in dead zero position, both A50+ and TB10D sound similar in tuning, with TB10D having a bit more impact and dynamics. A50+ has a much better streaming ability, and it is a more complex device that can do so much more, all while occupying less space on your desk, but if all you need is a good quality stereo hifi amp, TB10D is a good option you’ll most likely enjoy. Accessory wise you get a power supply and that’s it, to be honest there isn’t anything else that’s needed to get this little amp up and running.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment