276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aphrodite Made Me Do It (Myth and Magick Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The collection itself is incredibly easy to read, managing it in one sitting if you feel capable of reading the heavy subject matters. Aphrodite’s segments are full of power and dominance whilst the poet sections are full of empowerment and survival throughout life’s struggles. The artwork is an incredibly colourful bonus, and I found myself sat admiring the work for lengths of time before continuing. There’s so much content to sink your teeth into. After a little time, men did what they always do. They didn’t try to understand, they tried to explain. Venus was one of the first planets to be noticed by our ancestors since it can be observed with the naked eye at dawn and dusk. Because of this, the ancient Greeks had two names for Venus: Phosphorus in the morning and Hesperus in the evening. My interest in this collection spanned from my interest in mythology and Aphrodite herself, having dedicated a lot of my magical working towards her. So, naturally, once spotting this collection, I knew I had to find it and read it for myself. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. Aphrodite’s birth is described in Theogony: A work composed by the Greek poet Hesiod around 700 BC. According to Hesiod, Cronus, leader of the Titans, castrated his father, God Uranus’s primal sky, and threw his genitals into the sea.

I HIGHLY recommend this to EVERY queer person & ally for the LGBTQIA+ community if you’re in the place to read it (trigger warnings at the bottom) its a beautiful story about forgiveness, dealing with past trauma, and accepting yourself. it’s beautiful, it’s heart wrenching, and it HAS A HAPPY ENDING !!!!I highlighted almost everything i read. Then cried. Then highlighted more. Then cried again. Now i have the whole book highlighted and crying!! Maybe i am too sensitive but for anyone that likes poetry i feel like they should read it!! The two stars are solely for this poem : "Men wrote the myths down and called them history, and time has dragged them further from the truth. Pandora’s jar became a box. Eve’s pomegranate, an apple. All the details change but one: it is a woman with her hand on the door to Hell."

But then things take a turn when Jonas makes his eyes do that Revenant thing and says he knows she’s there to kill him. So, Aphrodite is an important figure in ancient Greek mythology and has been revered and celebrated by cultures throughout history. By reading books about Aphrodite, you can explore the many different ways in which this goddess has been understood and represented, as well as her ongoing cultural influence. 10 Books About Aphrodite Nicole is already tipsy at this point, making cute jokes and adorable faces. Top-shelf stuff. Nicole assumes they’re there to tell this guy he might have a little bartender on the way but Wynonna laughs at the simplicity of that plan when surely there’s a way they could do this without having to have any difficult conversations. Her plan is to take shots with the bartender, steal his DNA, have it tested, and hope it works out that she never has to talk about her child’s parentage again. Nicole approves of this plan. Did I mention she’s drunk? It’s this blending of creative energies from two (I assume*) very different writers which resulted in this show. There’s something that’s just ..neat..about that. This graphic novel retells the story of Aphrodite in a visually stunning and engaging way. O’Connor’s illustrations are beautiful and evocative. His storytelling is faithful to the original myths and accessible to a modern audience. This book is an excellent introduction to the world of Greek mythology and will appeal to readers of all ages.Trista Mateer’s work has the kind of sumptuous quality that leaves you breathless. Aphrodite Made Me Do It is an incredible offering from a truly valuable poetic voice that channels love as the ancient and powerful emotion that it is. Combined with the poet’s own art, this book is a vibrant labyrinth, a treat for every reader. Mateer is magnificent as always."

You get to see how she went from being celebrated for being this diverse, multifaceted deity to different times throughout history, depending on the political slash, religious agenda, etc. How she was often, what people seem to do to fit in with political or religious agenda would be to focus on one specific aspect of Aphrodite’s character and remove that harmonious balance of everything that she was. Allende’s book is a unique and sensual exploration of the role of pleasure in human experience, with Aphrodite serving as a guiding metaphor. She weaves personal anecdotes, mythology, and historical context to create a rich tapestry of human experience. This book will inspire you to embrace the sensual pleasures of life. Wynonna asks about genetic testing and the doctor says she’d just need blood samples from her and the father, but she’s not doing it in a farmhouse with a mystical murderboard in the main room. Drunk Nicole tells Waverly she’s pretty but Waverly isn’t here for compliments she’s here for answers! So this book focuses more on positive feelings about friendship and self-growth and not destroying yourself to make good art. It’s interesting to see how she’s developing into a simplistic style and how that will work out for her.they married me off in the stories So they could call me an adulteress, but I brought the god of war to his knees” In Greek mythology, Aphrodite is one of the leading characters who fight for women’s respect. The ancient Greek civilization was very cruel to women in their mythological stories. Some gods treat goddesses like pampers. Aphrodite is one of the goddesses who raised her voice against them and became a role model of feminism.

so I’m not particularly familiar with what people call ~*emotions*~ but modern poetry always pulls at my dusty heartstrings. this is no different. Gut truths and gin-clear imagery, Trista Mateer reminds us of all those places left unexplored by language. ( Honeybee) About the Author: Trista Mateer is a writer/artist who traveled a lot in her life but has finally decided to reside in New Jersey by the sea. She started out as a blogger on Tumblr in 2013 and won the 2015 Goodreads Choice Award for poetry. She then transitioned into traditional publishing and in 2017 when she released her first collection Honeybee and also went on to create “The Unholy Wild” and Aphrodite Made Me Do It, which represents her art of prose and poetry. This book is well done and well written. Julie Barry is a fantastic writer. You can tell that she thought this through and educated herself on many aspects of this novel. It comes across as very simple, but there are profound elements without pretentious.

PDF EPUB Download

The collection itself is a conversation between the goddess and the poet, being split into dedicated sections of the anthology and communicating with one another on similar subjects, from love to war. The collection itself is compiled of prose, poetry and art, and is full of luscious drawings and delicious words, tantalising you and drawing you in for more. Mateer is a brilliant storyteller, using multiple mediums to present her life and opinions in multiple different views. From the pain she suffered at a younger age, to herself as a person now, Mateer guides you through it with colour and light and survival. It’s a truly inspiring read. i thought this book could get more "tumblier" and here goes, in the middle of the book, a random list of things to do for your mental health. It's lovely but it doesn't really make sense ...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment