276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies Eau De Toilette, 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Upon dry-down, the powdery creaminess of vanilla mixed with aromatic cedar, warming resins and sultry aroma of sandalwood. Where other fragrances have long since worn out, D&R is really going crazy again. I wake up from a wonderful scent that doesn't seem to be from this world and only little by little I realize that I am the one who gives off this wonderful scent. It is a mixture of peach, rose, powder, vanilla and amber that seems to glow but doesn't burn you. This wonderful, extraordinary final note is difficult to put into words. All components of head, heart and base combine to a perfect unity and start to glow, almost to glow, from within. A fantastic fragrance Fireworks as the crowning glory. Uncovered in the 1950s in East Africa, the Liberty Bell Ruby is a sculptural piece crafted from the world’s largest mined ruby weighing four pounds and 8,500 carats. The massive ruby was sculpted into a miniature form of the Liberty Bell in 1976 to celebrate the United States Bicentennial. A Beverly Hills based jewelry company commissioned sculptor Alfonso de Vivanco to create the piece with an additional 50 diamonds set in it. A fresh fruity/floral fragrance by Elizabeth Taylor is the 2002 launch Forever Elizabeth Eau de Parfum. A captivating scent for the modern woman who appreciates a beautiful blend of tantalisingly mouth-watering aromas. In a special feat, craftsmen created ruby-encrusted slippers for the king using raw-cut, polished rubies all along the outside of the slippers that featured a genie-like curl to the toes. King Thibaw also had a pair of slippers created for his queen, with rubies surrounding the sides of the soles.

Here at Fragrance Direct our customers have long been big fans of the Eilzabeth Taylor collection of fragrances and toiletries and this Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies eau de toilette spray for women is particularly popular for its fresh and floral aroma that is the perfect casual fragrance. Part of Fragrant Jewels collection, Diamond & Rubies reflects the personality and timeless elegance of this iconic actress and her lifelong passion for jewels. This wonderful scent opens with the subtle sweetness of lily and neroli, complemented by the zest of bergamot and orange. The heart reveals a beautiful bouquet narcissus and carnation with touches of powdery rose, jasmine and tuberose. Dame Elizabeth Taylor has achieved just as much off-screen that on. An enthusiastic philanthropist and activist, she spent nearly twenty years working closely with the American Foundation for AIDS Researchraising funds and awareness for HIV/AIDS. She later established the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundationfocusing on direct patient care, providing critically-needed support services and prevention education. Following the King’s Coronation ceremony, the Queen Consort’s coronation is a very simple and short ceremony, usually taking place in a more private setting. Upon William IV’s passing, he left his coronation ring to Queen Adelaide, and although the rings were her personal property, she felt it would only be proper to leave them to the new Queen. Since Adelaide, all Queens Consort have worn her ring for their ceremonies. Elizabeth Taylor’s RubiesThe reflection of late autumn sunlight on yet unfallen leaves, mixed shades of gold, like flames dancing in a burning fireplace. It is the comfort of coming home to find a loved one waiting with a warm blanket to wrap around you, keeping you safe, secure, loved. If there's one celebrity whose whole essence I'd love to bottle, it's the wonderfully singular Elzabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies. I wish more celebrities of her ilk would try their hands at this genre. Upon the first encounter with Diamonds and Rubies by Elizabeth Taylor, you are greeted by a crisp, fruity note of peach, punctuated with the classic, deep aroma of red rose. The presence of lilac adds a subtle, light floral undertone, effectively ushering the nose into this wonderfully crafted scent journey.

As for the profile on this wondrous creature, it is pure class; french twisted sophistication! Rich rose and resinous peach sweeten dark spices. Cloves, benzoin, almond and vanilla, are pounded and stripped of their oily centers, and combined with the smooth sweetness of sandalwood. Combined with amber, become this slow smoldering incense trail that is divine and intoxicating. This is one of those fragrances that plays hide and seek with you. You'll sniff your arm and think that it's gone. Then all of a sudden a gorgeous whiff of fragrance will surround you, again an again. The king was only allowed to take his most valued possessions, which included the Nga Mauk ruby – an uncut, polished ruby of substantial size well over 80 carats and excellent quality. From here the accounts get murky with the king and queen claiming Sladen took the ruby for safekeeping to return it after their travels, and Sladen claimed he was never in possession of the ruby. Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies eau de toilette spray for women is described as a light and feminine fragrance which uses a subtle blend of luscious notes including peach lilies rose bitter almond jasmine heliotrope white rose ylang-ylang lily of the valley amber cedarwood vanilla benzoin and musk. It is very likely that the Stuart Coronation Ring is even older and originally belonged to Charles I with the etching of the cross added by James II himself or his wife, Mary of Modena. After the Glorious Revolution occurred a few years after James II began his reign, the ring was among the items that James II took with him into exile in 1688. From there it passed to his widow who then left the ring to her grandson who in turn bequeather it to the Prince of Wales in 1807. This very distinctive, timeless fragrance is perfect for late autumn and winter evenings. The sillage and staying power are moderate to long-lasting, giving 4-5 hours of pleasant wear.After about 6 - 7 hours I perceive an animal note, very subtle only, but present. Not sharp or superficially sharp, but for me quite perceptible. I also do not find this note unpleasant, but somehow fitting ... it just has to be. Afterwards there is also a hint of cinnamon, it is really just a touch and the fragrance seems perfect and round. But the real surprise comes much later. Iconic Hollywood star and celebrity, Elizabeth Taylor was one of the most beautiful and talented actresses in the industry. The best Elizabeth Taylor perfumes create a mysterious aura of sensuality and allure, bringing out the attraction in every woman. Every fragrance is also beautifully presented in a majestic-looking bottle that is, no doubt destined to become collectable in the years to come. The multi-faceted aldehyde fragrance White Diamonds Eau de Toiletteis a charming composition of delightful florals. Created by perfumer Carlos Benaim in 1991, it accentuates the strength and self-confidence of a successful and desirable woman. As or when to wear, Forever Elizabethis a vibrant, feel-good fragrance that is an absolute delight to wear during the spring and summertime.

I bought this a while ago and never gave it a proper review, well, today I wore it for the first time and I can say I like it. I don't love it, but perhaps it will grow on me?The Stuart Coronation Ring was first worn by James VII and II of Scotland and England for his coronation on April 23, 1685 in Westminster Abbey. The ring features a large table-cut polished violet ruby surrounded by diamonds in silver and set on a yellow gold band. On the ruby, the plain cross of St. George has been engraved. The fate of the Nga Mauk Ruby has been a mystery ever since, inspiring heavily researched books, documentaries, trips through archives, and countless articles. There are many prospects within the British Crown Jewels that could be the Nga Mauk Ruby, but without more access and confirmation, we may never know. Diamonds and Rubies is most at home during the cooler months of fall and winter, where its spicy and warm notes can truly shine. It might be a bit too heavy during the summer months, but some might appreciate its bold character during a cooler evening.

Lasting 4 to 5 hours with a moderate sillage, the Eau de Toilette creates an intimate aura, evoking sensuality and tenderness. The woody, musky base of sandalwood and musk brings comforting warmth. Patchouli and amber notes add a dash of earthiness. The fragrance settles down to an overwhelmingly beautiful aroma of flowers and gentle woods. Diamonds & Rubies Eau de Toiletteby Elizabeth Taylor is a powerful oriental scent, delivering warm, powdery floral aroma. Designed by the renowned Russian perfumer Sophia Grojsman, the fragrance was launched in 1993. Diamonds and Sapphiresis a fragrance that perfectly adapts to its wearer, becoming that unique, signature scent. Suitable for any time of year it can be worn as an elegant fragrance throughout a day or as a more refined, special occasion evening scent.

Many flowers form the heart, with a mixture of jasmine and lily of the valley on the head. It gets warmer, and the rose now comes out as soapy as a rosy bar of soap. It is a satin rose that mixes with heliotrope. I just got a hint of sweet orchid and ylang-ylang. Instead, I'm not sure what spices are in it. They are a little fuzzy on me. Hence, the intermediate phase has some mild, almost muted spices. Maybe it contains sweet nutmeg or cinnamon, as I get nothing like sweaty cumin, mentholated cardamom, or dark cloves. Boozy peaches are still sneaking around. Although it lasts nearly 4 to 5 hours, the fragrance is more of a skin-scent, due to its weak projection. Which is great if you are a lover of softer and less potent scents.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment