276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SVS SB1000 BLACK ASH SUBWOOFER

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Maybe a little bigger than your expectation due to the incorrect vision of the subwoofer fitting in your room. Adjust crossover frequencies, a three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and more, all from your favorite seat. Not only do you have to contend with miles and miles of speaker wire, as well as figuring out where exactly you’re going to put the damn things and whether or not you need to drill holes in your. I've used it but my sense is that from the standpoint of intrinsic damping it is only slightly better than other common materials such as plywood.

SVS SB-1000 Pro Review: This Is How You Upgrade a Sub SVS SB-1000 Pro Review: This Is How You Upgrade a Sub

You get the same set of digital controls on the back, the same great DSP, and control via the same app. We’ve already mentioned how SVS have improved the model for the new version without increasing the cost, and given what they’ve done to the insides, that’s quite something. On the up side, it doesn't contain voids and is about as non resonant a material as one can commonly get. My “regular” sub is a dual-opposed 12”, but I never, ever use it to its full capacity in this apartment.

The big selling point is the inclusion of a Bluetooth remote app, which allows you to set up, adjust and optimise the sub without ever leaving the sofa. It’s more affordable than the SVS model, and although it doesn’t have the same sonic clarity, it makes up for it by being highly convenient. And at the heart of the machine is the Sledge STA-325D amplifier, which delivers 325 watts of RMS power, and 800 peak. Also, here's what I wrote on reddit several days ago, when someone asked me "What makes you say the SB 1000 pro will beat the SB 2000? Some of the designers can never really be sure what speakers their products are likely to be matched with, so they leave much of the adjustment to the individual.

SVS SB-1000 Pro Subwoofer Hands-On Review | AVS Forum SVS SB-1000 Pro Subwoofer Hands-On Review | AVS Forum

It's also the larger sub, which means more MDF all else being equal, which on its own would add some weight. I've often wondered if anybody with decent wood working tools could build better enclosures for entry level subs.Below, you'll find a list of equipment we used in conjunction with the SB-1000 Pro while doing our listening tests for this review.

SVS SB-1000 Pro Subwoofer - Peter Tyson

And then it adds the full power of the SVS App, which takes customization of this compact sub to a whole another level.We were also impressed with how it never got lost in the mix, regardless of how many speakers we were using. All these sequences use very low frequencies as key narrative devices, and if a sub can't handle them the impact is somewhat lost. One thing we would like to see SVS try to do in the future— or anyone, really— would be to use some room analysis software. recipient of dual PB1000s and found them to be wonderful subs (at the cost of some lower end); I'm in an upstairs apartment so these fit the bill size and output-wise (they still rattle the windows). We found ourselves, for example, being able to tell the difference between two types of gunshots in the films we were watching.

SVS SB-1000 - inside pics, personal thoughts | Audio Science SVS SB-1000 - inside pics, personal thoughts | Audio Science

We talk more about the specific power and volume you get from it below, but generally speaking, we adored how visceral and powerful it sounded. Well, 18-inch subwoofers have almost the same kind of benefits and usage as the 16-inch subwoofers as they are also really large subwoofers.For less money you get a simple but well-designed sub with 300W of amplification and the ability to go below 20Hz. The size and cheaper black ash finish allows for discreet placement, but if you fancy a gloss finish there's a choice of black or white.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment