276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Photographing the Lake District: The Most Beautiful Places to Visit (Fotovue Photographing Guide)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If time allows, I‘d recommend a walk along Lingmoor Fell from Side Pike. As you climb higher the fells, which are so beautifully wrapped all around the Little Langdale and Great Langdale valleys, become ever greater in number. You’ll find 360 degree views that really are quite staggering.

Note that, up in the mountains, it can often be far colder than at ground level, so make sure you keep extra layers in your bag at all times! One of the most photographed buildings in the Lakes. Just near Pooley bridge, go early in the morning and you make get a temperature inversion, making a moody shot. What equipment would you recommend a photographer takes when visiting the Lake District? (clothing and camera equipment) Welcome to my collection of professional Lake District Landscape Photography. All pictures are available for sale online as gallery quality, framed landscape prints or stretched canvases to enjoy the Lake District scenery on your walls at home.

Enter your email address below to be entered into a £1000 prize draw

There is more to explore toward Glenridding, with the south shore quite accessible in places and home to some good photo opportunities. Look for roadside parking and laybys along the A592 and just park up and explore. Although the river is the most obvious focal point, my Image above shows it doesn’t necessarily have to be. It’s always worth looking all around for potential compositions. I’s sometimes surprising to find that your most successful images are not always the once you originally intended to take! Instead, if you’re unsure about your fitness level, go slow. Start with easy walks and work your way up. Eventually, you might be running up and down mountains – but I don’t recommend you try it at the beginning! 5. Take food and drink whenever you go out And as I mentioned in Tip 2 above, always inform someone of your planned route. You’re heading out into the wilderness; better safe than sorry! Must-visit Lake District locations It is no surprise that the Lakes attracts more visitors than any other National Park in the UK, with over 15 million annual visitors. Therefore, when possible, avoid holidays and weekends – and be aware that many of the car parks are pay and display.

Park in the same area, but this time, instead of following the shoreline path, take the route that forks off to the left. This path leads up onto Loughrigg Fell via Rydal Caves. The views constantly improve as you gain elevation, but it should only take you around 25 to 30 minutes of steady walking to reach the first (lower) plateau of the fell, which gives expansive views over Rydal Water. If you don’t fancy climbing up to Loughrigg to shoot the ‘big’ view, explore the southern end of Grasmere shoreline instead, where there is a weir and good views stretching over the lake toward the Daffodil Hotel. Once owned by Beatrix Potter, it will take you the best part of an hour to walk around the tarn – but arguably the best viewpoint is from near the Scott Memorial (east side), which provides a high, far reaching view of the tarn in context with its mountainous surroundings. I’d recommend taking a few lenses (if you have the option) to shoot with varying focal lengths. I carry a 16-35mm, a 24-70mm, and a 70-200mm with me and this gives me a great range in just three lenses. You’ll probably want those wide vistas from the top of a fell, but you may also want to capture closer, more detailed images.

As Ullswater is the Lake District’s second longest lake (after Windermere), it offers a large amount of potential full of character and interest. Both sides have good access opening up a wealth of possibilities when it comes to choosing places to choose from. This particular image was taken on the south west side of the water not far from Glenridding. Aira Force is an amazing 70 ft high waterfall surrounded by beautiful woodlands with a stone bridge at the top of the fall. The grounds are owned by The National Trust so expect to pay for parking here. The above image was taken from Waterhead, Ambleside, on a particularly misty November morning. A 10 minute walk from here to Borrans Park (passed the piers and jetties and the Water Edge Inn) takes you further to the tip of the lake and offers up a different perspective – a worthwhile detour from here. You can walk along the south western shores of the lake and along the shingle you will find a good mixture of boulders, fences going into the water, gnarly old tree roots as well. Having a torch with you is always a good idea as the Lake District doesn’t suffer from a lot of light pollution, so you can get some nice night sky images and you may want a torch to light up any foreground interest. If you could only get one shot during a trip to the lakes district what would you be aiming to capture?

I had been at nearby Brothers Water (an exceptionally beautiful tarn), but given the misty conditions I took the opportunity to photography on of Ullwater’s little islands, something I’d wanted to do for some time in conditions like this. This image was taken from the wall along the roadside. If you do shoot from here, do take every precaution as the road can be a busy one. Beyond the wall there is a bank from which lots of compositions can be made. The second section consists of chapters offering photographic advice on how to improve your photography including: camera and lens choice, composition, exposure, depth of field, sunrise and sunset photography, how to catch a rainbow and how to photograph waterfalls. When you think of England, your mind probably jumps to Big Ben or the Tower Bridge or the centuries of history the country holds but breathtaking landscapes? That’s not something you immediately associate with England unless of course, you know the country well. Hidden up in the North Western part of the country lies a beautiful little place called the Lake District. Now, without further ado, let’s take a look at my top tips for Lake District landscapes: 1. Visit during the autumn and winterDrumburgh Take the short walk from the car park to a viewing platform where you’ll find a beautiful carving showing all the wildlife that can be found on this lowland peat bog. Much of the life here is on the wing with rare large heath butterflies in summer and snipe and short-eared owls in winter. The nature reserve is one mile south of Drumburgh village on the Solway coast, for more information visit www.cumbriawildlifetrust.org.uk

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment