276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THE CORONATION BOOK OF KING GEORGE VI AND QUEEN ELIZABETH

£54.49£108.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

About Heathrow Airport: Heathrow's history, LHR Airports, archived from the original on 3 October 2013 , retrieved 9 March 2015

George VI - Wikipedia George VI - Wikipedia

Hardcover. Condition: GOOD. 1937. George Newnes. Hardcover. ACCEPTABLE Gilt titles, white boards. Marked. Spine is damaged. 14x10. Borough Of Loughborough Programme For The Celebration Of The Coronation Of Their Majesties King George VI And Queen Elizabeth In October 1936 Simpson filed for divorce (which, when final, would result in two previous spouses still living), and the King informed the Prime Minister, Stanley Baldwin, that he intended to marry her. Baldwin and several leading imperial administrators advised the King that popular opinion in the dominions was hostile to the proposed marriage; at home, the King also faced opposition from the Church of England and from factions in Parliament. The widespread unwillingness to accept Simpson as the King's consort, and Edward's refusal to give her up, led to his abdication in December 1936. [2] Encuadernación de tapa blanda. Condition: Muy bien. An Album to contain Player?s coronation series of cigarette cards. Completo de 50 cromos a todo color Size: Formato en 4° Language: spa.

The ceremony was almost overpowering. A number of bishops and some of the great war leaders, like Field Marshal Lord Montgomery, were playing important roles. I saw it all, but I didn’t know who most of the people were. It was even more alarming to know that it would be televised in front of the whole world. Albert and Elizabeth were married on 26 April 1923 in Westminster Abbey. Albert's marriage to someone not of royal birth was considered a modernising gesture. [37] The newly formed British Broadcasting Company wished to record and broadcast the event on radio, but the Abbey Chapter vetoed the idea (although the Dean, Herbert Edward Ryle, was in favour). [38] On the cover of Time, January 1925 The Earl of Athlone and Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone, the King's maternal uncle and aunt (also first cousin once removed)

Coronations and the Royal Archives | The Royal Family

THE CORONATION OF THEIR MAJESTIES KING GEORGE VI & QUEEN ELIZABETH Official Souvenir Programme May 12th 1937 Pictorial Paper Wraps. Condition: About Fine. An abridged Form of the Official Ceremony. A sounvenir edition published in Canada. 16pp, illustrated, silk tie at spine in red and purple. Bright, clean copy with a sound binding. Almost as issued. Weight, 80g. Size: 8" by 11". Book. I knelt down and read aloud: ‘I, Edward, Duke of Kent, do become your liege man of life and limb, and of earthly worship; and faith and truth I will bear unto you, to live and die against all manner of folks. So help me God.’ Further information: Succession to the British throne and Abdication of Edward VIII A commemorative glass tumbler, produced for the coronation of King Edward VIII, planned for 12 May 1937. From diaries and personal letters to account books and speeches, the collections held by the Royal Archives record and reflect some of the most significant moments in British history and provide a fascinating insight into the life and work of past monarchs, their families, households and residences.Coronation Of Their Majesties King George VI And Queens Elizabeth: Official Souvenir Programme (1st)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment