276°
Posted 20 hours ago

1080P Security Camera, Aquarium Fish Tank Dedicated Smartphone Remote Surveillance Camera

£17.495£34.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Your mounting options depend on the camera you're using. Dedicated fish tank camera mounts don't really exist, so that leaves you free to experiment: if you're a keen DIYer then you might want to consider getting your own mount and fixing constructed on the outside of your tank. Billington, Alex (20 September 2009). "Indie Trailer Sunday: Andrea Arnold's Festival Hit Fish Tank". First Showing . Retrieved 8 July 2016. One of the greatest challenges in aquarium photography is achieving the right focus, especially when dealing with viewing glass that can confuse your camera’s autofocus system. This is where utilizing manual focus can make all the difference. Unlike autofocus, which frequently accidentally targets reflections or smudges on the glass, manual focus puts you in control, allowing you to pinpoint exactly what part of the scene you want to be sharp. You can also capture gorgeous silhouettes of people standing by the aquarium glass. Children, for instance, are often captivated by sea creatures, and parents are often captivated by watching their kids! This next silhouette shot happened quite naturally because the aquarium tank was really bright compared to the people in the foreground:

Scrietta, Peter (5 January 2010). "Fish Tank Movie Trailer #2". Slash Film . Retrieved 8 July 2016. I found that doing this always gave me the minimum ISO possible for each shot in each situation. This helps keep the ISO noise to a minimum, while maintaining the desired exposure parameters. You’ll want to keep an eye on the highlights. The artificial lighting used in the aquarium tanks can easily cause the lighter colored fish or lighter stripes on some fish to loose detail in the upper end of the highlights. If you find blown-out highlights, use a little negative exposure compensation. It may seem odd to manually expose the photograph while using Exposure Compensation, but since the ISO is set to Auto, the compensation adjusts the ISO to make the correction in the exposure. Find the line starting with ‘ExecStart’ and change it so it reads as follows: ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/v4l2rtspserver -W Mia Williams, a volatile and socially isolated 15-year-old, lives on an East London council estate with her single mother, Joanne, and younger sister, Tyler. Mia has just fallen out with her best friend, Keely. She doesn't get along with her precocious sister, nor with her verbally abusive mother. Mia provokes Keely's other friends with physical aggression. Mia regularly practices hip-hop dance alone in a deserted flat in her family's building, drinking alcoholic cider beforehand.

Flash and Fish

So, the solution is to use a lens hood. When pressed against the face of the aquarium tank, a lens hood will form a cone of reflection free darkness.
Score! Well... almost.
The problem is that a hard lens hood that’s made of either plastic or in some cases, metal, will still have some issues. They can scratch the front of the tank’s glass or acrylic surface. As photographers, we need to tread lightly and not ruin the experience for the next visitor. Additionally, many lenses now come with scalloped hoods that would still let in light. And don't even get me started on the fact that most modern public aquariums have "upgraded" to curved-face tanks. These curved faced tanks can even gather reflections from around corners!
Here is where the rubber meets the road... err... fish tank.
By using a simple generic rubber lens hood, you can create a completely reflection-free cone of darkness. Using a flash generally isn't recommended, as you've then got even more reflections to deal with, but don't be afraid to experiment with this or any other setting. The flash can actually help freeze a moment in time, but usually only if you're using a high-end digital camera with a very fast shutter speed, rather than a phone or action cam. I encourage you to you opt for a DSLR or a mirrorless camera; these models generally give you manual control over settings so you can adjust different elements to suit different aquarium environments. They offer the flexibility to play with exposure, focus, and other essential elements so you can capture stunning underwater aquarium images. The lens you choose can significantly impact the quality and creativity of your aquarium photographs. A versatile zoom lens gives you the flexibility to compose shots, particularly in confined spaces where moving around might be restricted. With a good zoom range, you can capture both close-ups and wider shots without needing to switch lenses continually.

For the best picture quality, a Raspberry Pi 4 is the perfect choice. That said, you’ll get good results from a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W as well, and it’ll be easier to install. Whichever you choose, we recommend using the Raspberry Pi Lite (Legacy) OS. The project uses the raspivid tool, support for which is limited in the latest version of the OS. The Legacy ‘Buster’ image still has full compatibility. You can find it in Raspberry Pi Imager under ‘Raspberry Pi OS (Other)’. Set up Wi-Fi, and make sure everything is up-to-date with sudo apt -y update && sudo apt -y upgrade. 02. Install and configure your camera Now we have a working video stream, we need to make sure it always starts at boot time. A service file already exists for the server; we just need to change one line. Open the file with: sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/ My top tips for improving your aquarium images! Just remember to adjust your settings and approach until you can capture sharp, well-exposed photos. Then see if you can capture creative shots by changing your angle, paying attention to the lighting, and more.You've got water, glass and all the resulting lighting complications to deal with when you're taking fish tank photos, and these all need to be taken into account. Shooting with your camera perpendicular to the glass, for example, can help reduce the chances of distortion from the fish tank itself.

If you’re new to manual focus, it might seem intimidating at first. Start by practicing on larger, more stationary subjects within the aquarium. Many modern cameras offer features like focus peaking, which highlights the in-focus areas on your screen and helps guide your adjustments. These aids can be incredibly effective as you learn to navigate manual focus.Suction cups can work well for phones too: any mount that can fix your phone to your car windshield can also fix it to the side of your fish tank, though you may need to get creative with the positioning to make sure the phone ends up pointing in the right direction. Shooting through glass isn't easy, as we'll get into in the section below.

Location filming took place on the Mardyke Estate in Havering, [10] in the town of Tilbury, and on the A13. Rigby, Sam (25 August 2016). "The 21st Century's 100 greatest films". BBC Culture . Retrieved 19 August 2020. Depending on its settings, your camera may produce a similar result, or you may need to make the exposure adjustments discussed above. Unfortunately, when shooting toward glass from a distance, you’ll often end up with some ambient light reflections, but if they bother you, you can always remove them during post-processing. 7. Consider the direction of the light Note that editing isn’t necessarily about creating unrealistic, over-the-top results. Instead, it’s often about recreating the scene as it was. I like to keep my photos looking as natural as possible, but I always want my photos to look the way the moment felt, so I don’t mind exaggerating colors or exposure if need be. The particulars are up to you, but here are a few items to consider:

Navigation

When investing in lenses, remember that quality matters and that reputable brands generally offer superior performance and build. Best accessories for aquarium photography I also recommend looking for side light, which can give a cool sense of drama and three-dimensionality. Some assembly is required. The kit is straightforward to build and creates a watertight space for your camera 03. Test your setup

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment