276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Knackered Mother's Wine Guide: Because Life's too Short to Drink Bad Wine

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I live in the New Forest so I’ve got The Pig and Lime Wood down the road and my local pub, the East End Arms, is brilliant too. But my absolute favourite place is round a kitchen table with friends, especially when my only job is to open the wine. Daily Mail Presented in a humorous, chatty style this book is an intelligent, hugely informative wine guide and McGinn is certainly well qualified to pass on advice. Her accessible and entertaining guide takes us through a ‘school year’ of simple wine lessons from an autumn term of cosy fireside reds to a summer ‘love-in’ of fruity outdoor favourites.

Presented in a humorous, chatty style this book is an intelligent, hugely informative wine guide and McGinn is certainly well qualified to pass on advice. If Argentinian malbec is your thing, try one from its spiritual home, France, for an earthier take on it. Ever found yourself standing in front of a wall of wine in the supermarket looking for something – anything – that looks familiar/not too expensive? The books will be autographed by the author, Helen McGinn and will include a personalized note to the lot winner. Neuware -A knackered mother-friendly wine guide with insider tips on how to choose the right wine for every occasion.

I’ve done plenty of wine tastings over the years but one particular tasting stands out, not least because I was wearing a gold catsuit and sharing a stage with DJ Sara Cox and comedians The Scummy Mummies with a tent full of knackered mothers. Who do you see as your target audience and what is the brief you get from the Daily Mail about what they want?

But I knew I had to change the way I worked to fit around my family and do what I really wanted to do. You have been writing a successful blog for 10 years and built up a a loyal following, what do you see as being the trick to writing an effective, interesting and successful blog? Discover the joy of reading with us, your trusted source for affordable books that do not compromise on quality. I think the key to building a following is consistency so for the first eight years I posted every single week.But start making a note – mental or actual – of what wine styles suit you and you can then find other wines to try that are similar but different. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Learn what to look for in the discount deals and discover the can’t-go-wrong crowd-pleasers, perfect reds to go with your Sunday roast, the best wine to drink with chocolate, plus some unexpected suggestions for your next night in.

Helen McGinn is the author of award-winning wine blog The Knackered Mother’s Wine Club and three books including The Knackered Mother's Wine Guide, Teetotal Tipples and Homemade Cocktails. Helen McGinn is the author of award-winning wine blog The Knackered Mother's Wine Club and three books including The Knackered Mother's Wine Guide, Teetotal Tipples and Homemade Cocktails.

I recently received this book and to start with was a little unsure as my knowledge of wine was limited. A bit late but I had a busy start to the year hanging out (literally) in my swimwear doing a wine tasting in a hot tub halfway up a Swiss mountain ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. However, please note the absence of a condition statement does not imply that this lot is in perfect condition or free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of ageing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment