276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glass Hearts and Broken Promises

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you like the thought of reading something that feels like a friend is talking to you about their breakup and how they're healing from it (and how you could heal from yours), I think you're going to like it. If you like descriptive poems that are more abstract, this is definitely not for you. I think it could also work really well for people who haven't read a lot of poetry before. I continued loving you despite knowing that you didn’t deserve me. I kept supporting you thinking that you were going to change I made excuses for the relationship thinking that it was going to be different this time around but it wasn’t because I couldn’t make you choose me or want me or even remember me when I was gone (89) When Trump said, at the first debate, “If it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t even be talking about illegal immigration,” Carly Fiorina was not on the debate stage. She had waited until she bullied her way into the second debate to say, "Immigration did not come up in 2016 because Mr. Trump brought it up; we talked about it in 2012, we talked about it in 2008. We talked about it in 2004. We have been talking about it for 25 years. This is why people are tired of politicians.” There were several poems I did like in this book. I think the author has potential, but this collection was not my favorite collection in terms of poetry.

If what they were in was never love at all, then... they weren't actually in love? I don't know, this one confuses me.

Just the perfect time I get to read this poetry collection about heartbreak, grief and healing. It truly made me emotional and I cried while reading some of the poems. I'm going through the pain and each of them feels genuine and heartfelt. I needed to feel everything at the moment. I was vulnerable. It's an everyday struggle to pretend you're okay when you're not. One day, I'll be fully healed an okay. Many thanks to this book because I find comfort as I go through a heartbreaking journey. Keep it up, Ms. Kayla. I’m not sure if this will ever stop hurting. If my tears will ever stop flowing or if I’ll ever stop waking up at 2 am searching for your body that should be next to mine (60) Far too often, the best thing I can have in my hand when someone makes a promise is a really big broom so that I can sweep up the broken pieces.”

You cared about them more than anyone else in the world. Believed that they could change and you kept loving them even though they never deserved it and it was never enough because they walked away like it was nothing (126) I adored this collection and found myself relating to a lot that the author went through. She writes about unrequited love, how it affects us in all sorts of ways, and the struggles with healing. I really liked how there was a good variety between short and long poems and quotes as to not over or underwhelm readers. I feel that you would enjoy this poetry collection if you are looking for one at beginner’s level, if you have read and love short simple writing and if you love the themes covered in collections by Amanda Lovelace. Really? Trauma? For context, she doesn't describe anything actually bad, just as painful as hinted at by the sentence about the pictures documenting their falling out of love.)Sometimes I wish you would have loved me like I loved you. love isn’t worrying about the other people they’re texting claiming that they’re just friends. So, if you would have loved me like I loved you I would’ve never learned that love was never you to begin with (134) And yet somehow, that awful, trite, clumsy poem still sounded more like poetry - and a lot more heartfelt - than anything I've read in this book. The writing style made me feel like she is an older sister telling me what I need to hear in a way that says, “I see and feel your pain because I’ve been there and we’ll get through this.” When I first saw the description for this book, I got really excited because I love poetry that balances between pain and healing, so I was looking forward to the way it could help me feel seen and understood. However, the pain of the past is the biggest focus and the depth it goes to when it comes to healing is quite surface-level. The writing is also very simple and it reads more like a diary or a letter than poetry, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on your reading preferences. I would prefer something deeper & more detailed because it didn't bring me a lot of value like this. A lot of the messages were things I already knew, the writing was too plain for me, and it mainly gave me only negative emotions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment