276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ape Crunchy Chcolate Coconut Bites 10 Packs of 26 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first time I made these, it was a total fail. I ended up literally just mixing all the coconut in with all the melted chocolate and pressing it into a pan. When all else fails, press it into a pan and call it bars. That’s my thinking. I'm really a big fan of coconut. A BIG fan! But until a year ago I didn't know that eating a coconut is actually really healthy for my body. To be perfectly honest, until a year ago I didn't know much about that tropical splendor. You can also flavor the coconut mix with dried fruit powders. Be conservative when using these as the flavor can be very condensed. I recommend using just a tablespoon of powder and tasting, then adjusting your measurements. Dark chocolate and coconut pair very well with berries – particularly raspberries – as well as citrus fruits like lemon, lime, and grapefruit.

And since I'm a huge fan of energy balls - Turmeric Energy Balls and Carrot Cake Ballsare my favorite, making these Healthy Coconut Bites was just natural thing to do when I rediscovered coconut. They taste so good, you’d never believe they were good for you – that might be my favorite thing about these coconut bliss balls. My second favorite thing? They’re no-bake chocolate coconut balls, so it’s about as low-effort as making a dessert can get. I formed little bite-size coconut balls with my hands, and I used a teaspoon for dosing. When you put a piece of the mixture in your hand, coconut oil will slowly melt so you can shape your ball nicely. Once you made a ball, roll it in a shredded coconut immediately. dark chocolate: you can use chocolate chunks or chocolate chips. If necessary, you can use sugar-free chocolate for the keto diet or dairy-free chocolate for a vegan diet. 🥄 Instructions

Recipe

Tip: This option for chocolate coconut cups is easier than rolling them into balls and dipping them in chocolate. Same yumminess! 1. Grind coconut in a food processor or blender. 2. Add coconut oil, honey and flavouring and process until it begins to clump together. 3. PInch the dough together to form small balls OR . . . 4. Pinch together into balls, then press firmly into a mini muffin cups. 5. If making balls, dip in melted chocolare. If making mini cups, top with melted chocolate and chill. Serving suggestions Coconut oil also contains medium chain fatty acids which is easily digested in the human organism and almost immediately converted into energy. So these sweet coconut bites are actually like a small healthy energy bomblets.

Research shows that this starch is a resistant starch, meaning that it doesn’t impact onto blood sugar levels. Shredded coconut: I use unsweetened desiccated coconut for these chocolate coconut balls as it’s a lot easier to work with. You can buy these from the store or, if you’re feeling brave, make your own from fresh coconut.

Rewards For Life

Condensed Milk: Canned sweetened condensed milk works perfectly. If you’re vegan or don’t want to use condensed milk, you can use a mix of almond milk and sugar, evaporated milk, coconut milk, or even coconut condensed milk to help bind the balls together. For an even healthier alternative to the chocolate-covered option, you can enjoy the coconut balls on their own. They make for a delicious coconut truffle that is still rich and creamy. Cover with chocolate

Dip the chilled balls into the melted chocolate. You can use a spoon, fork, or wooden skewers (so they look more like little cake pops) to help you dip them. Make sure to get the coconut completely covered in chocolate.

Similar Brands

For example, I didn't know that you can make coconut milk out of coconut flour at home. Or that there is a coconut oil you can cook with, or that you can replace all-purpose white flour with coconut flour in making cakes or bread.

Place the balls on a lined baking sheet and then in the fridge to chill – I recommend between 15-30 minutes or longer. If you’re in a hurry, you can freeze them for 5-10 minutes. If you’re making your own homemade shredded coconut for these healthy treats, you’ll need to start there. You can follow my easy guide for making your own desiccated coconut here, covering everything from how to expertly open your coconuts to peeling and then drying the fresh meat to turn it into delicious little flakes. Make and shape the balls If you don't want to roll the balls, you can make tiny bites in mini muffin cups instead. Simply press a ball of the coconut mixture into a muffin cup, chill thoroughly, then top with a layer of melted chocolate. If you’re using white chocolate, you can experiment with food colorings and dyes (though use very sparingly as they’re strong!) to create a rainbow of colors. Also, you will need a food processor with the extension for grinding or an ordinary coffee grinder. While grinding coconut flakes in the electric grinder some of oils from coconut releases and you'll get a wet, dense mixture - something like the coconut butter.A main staple in the diet for many living in the tropics around the world, coconut flesh is high in saturated fats.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment