276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Noise and Flowers

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Speak not because it is safe, but because it is right.— Edward Snowden (@Snowden) February 11, 2017 Neil Young and Promise of the Real’s 2019 European tour will be chronicled in the upcoming concert movie and companion album Noise & Flowers, which arrives August 5. Ahead of its release, Young has offered up “From Hank to Hendrix” from the trek. Dutchcharts.nl – Neil Young %2B Promise of the Real – Noise & Flowers" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved August 13, 2022. a b "The ARIA Report: Week Commencing 15 August 2022". The ARIA Report. No.1693. Australian Recording Industry Association. August 15, 2022. pp.8, 11. Portuguesecharts.com – Neil Young %2B Promise of the Real – Noise & Flowers". Hung Medien. Retrieved August 20, 2022.

Both the release of ‘Toast’ and ‘Noise & Flowers’ come amid Young’s ongoing series of archival reissues. In April, he released the ‘Official Release Series Volume 4’ box set, comprising three classic albums from the 1980s – one of his own, and two collaborative efforts – as well as a rare EP that was only ever sold in Australia and Japan. The Other Shoe Productions, Inc. under exclusive licence to Reprise Records. Made in Netherlands. 093624883111I enjoyed following pretty much every show on YouTube (I couldn't make it to the Hyde Park gig, so the YouTube audience films were a welcome and enjoyable alternative). Robinson, Ellie (June 25, 2022). "Neil Young to immortalise 2019 tour on 'Noise & Flowers' live album and film". NME. Truly a great collection,” Young writes about the movie and live album, “dripping with the soul of our band as we played for our fallen leader.” Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

But a full concert compilation of the best of the tour. Like what is compiled on rust for each tour. Offiziellecharts.de – Neil Young + Promise Of The Real – Noise & Flowers" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved August 21, 2022. Dan - right about releasing a full concert set would be excellent. not quite like the full concerts of the moment. Swisscharts.com – Neil Young %2B Promise of the Real – Noise & Flowers". Hung Medien. Retrieved August 14, 2022. As to freedom, it is elusive when not illusive. It’s only half the picture. The question, morally, about freedom is: what you do when you’ve got it? That’s where the value lies.According to Young, ‘Toast’ is “an album that stands on its own in [his] collection”. He cited the record’s melancholic tone as a reason why it never left the studio, explaining in another blog post: “Unlike any other, ‘Toast’ was so sad that I couldn’t put it out. I just skipped it and went on to do another album in its place. I couldn’t handle it at that time. 2001.” Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere,""Helpless," and "I've Been Waiting For You" published by Broken Arrow Music (BMI) I thought Promise of the Real sounded great, looked great, and played with a real sense of direction... of travelling somewhere special. In 2019, the vibe *and* musical arrangement was in place for the band to put on a mighty performance, and they certainly delivered on that promise (both in Europe and the short US mini-tour that came first).

Ultratop.be – Neil Young %2B Promise of the Real – Noise & Flowers" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved August 14, 2022. Neil fans know that several of Neil's most memorable tours have been performed in Europe. Starting in 1976, with magical performances including Like A Hurricane at the legendary Hammersmith Odeon in London, England.

Credits

I definitely agree with the reviewer that watching the performance is obviously a wonderful experience, and it certainly elevates the proceedings. But simply listening to this on vinyl is every bit as exciting, and you do have a sense of being there even without the visual aspect. I love the set list, and the band has such a unique way of allowing Neil to experiment with different ideas. I’m really enjoying this release a lot, but I wish it would have been longer. Considering the length of some of the shows on this tour, I would have expected a three hour release. Oh well, I still love what we got. Features Elvis Costello, Crosby Stills & Nash, Sheryl Crow, Josh Groban, Ben Harper, Elton John, Norah Jones, Lady Antebellum, Dave Matthews, James Taylor, Keith Urban, and others. I think the most engaging tours (musically *and* visually) are the ones where Neil is the dominant force on stage, rather than "merely" one of the gang. At heart, he's a solo artist with a point-of-view. Even when he's playing with a band. Angel Olsen recently opened up about recording her new album in Young’s studio. During a conversation on Apple Music 1, she discussed the influence of Young’s music on her craft and recalled the experience of using the Colorado recording facility. “Well, it’s what you would imagine Neil Young’s studio being like, you know?” she began. “So it was just kind of the perfect setting. And I had been listening to a lot of Neil Young. It was so beautiful. You walk out of this wooden panelled studio in the canyon and go outside, and there’s a picnic table and trees. And there’s a little bridge where water comes through, and there’s just a beautiful hillside behind the whole thing.” Ultratop.be – Neil Young %2B Promise of the Real – Noise & Flowers" (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved August 14, 2022.

The audience began the show in one mental space and was carried away to another — with a sense of uncomplicated direction, a sense of urgency, and that vividly-alive feeling that I wrote about in a previous comment about Noise and Flowers. The recent discussion on here about jazz, though I know it’s been primarily about Toast, feels to the point here. Both the Horse and the Real are capable of delivering plenty of noise, noise which, at its most hectic, moody, or frenetic reminds me of my deep period of listening to Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, masters of experimental, cutting edge (at the time) “free jazz”. Later Coltrane can be every bit as wild the noisiest parts of N+F. Straining at the limits of melodic and harmonic structures. That's one reason why he's not well-suited to those shambolic all-star celebrity jam sessions that happen at awards ceremonies. Unless there's a good producer involved!).

And now, the archivists, historians and other note-takers can add the 2019 tour to that distinguished list.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment