276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Egg

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rebecca Fett is a science writer, former attorney, and mom. At 26, she was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserves and told she had an incredibly low chance of conceiving with her own eggs. She put her molecular biotechnology and biochemistry degree to work to understand the science of egg quality and fertility, reading every clinical study that could possibly be relevant. That research laid the groundwork for her book, It Starts with the Egg, which provides an evidence-based approach to how to get pregnant with diminished ovarian reserve, improve and preserve fertility, and prevent miscarriage. Five important takeaways from It Starts with the Egg The BPA chapter in the 2019 edition is pretty good. I’m sure it was a lot crunchier and cringier in the first edition, but the edition I read gives practical tips for how to reduce your BPA exposure while also assuring you that BPA isn’t in every plastic, and that it’s impossible, and unnecessary, to stay away from BPA entirely. To me, even if BPA wasn’t bad for your fertility, replacing your plastic cups and Tupperware with glass is better for the environment anyway. It’s a win-win situation. The third section includes what to eat (and not) and also how to improve sperm quality. Although the focus of the book is, obviously, on egg quality, it’s always nice when authors shift some of the burden onto the other half of the baby-making team. Reduce overall carbohydrate intake and increase overall protein intake, but do not do "low carb" ideally 40% carb, 30% fat, 30% protein

It Starts with the Egg Book - Natalist 5 Important Takeaways from It Starts with the Egg Book - Natalist

As women age they produce a higher % of abnormal eggs, eggs with too few or too many chromosomes that the body discharges or miscarries Women’s egg quality is one of the most important factors in getting pregnant, not necessarily timing ovulation. You can ovulate all you want but if you aren’t producing healthy eggs there’s little chance If you’re looking for evidence-based nutritional advice for improving egg quality, thus improving your chances of getting pregnant, you are going to love Rebecca Fett’s book, It Starts with the Egg. This book was recommended to me by Dr. Meera Shah, and I’ve since used the advice to make positive changes to my lifestyle (and hopefully my egg quality as well!). About the book

Get to know us

All too often, the focus in fertility and pregnancy is on the woman. But I love that the author included a chapter dedicated to sperm quality. After all, sperm is half the equation. Ich konnte dieses Buch nicht weglegen, so sehr war ich mit den einfachen Erklärungen dieser komplexen wissenschaftlichen Thematik beschäftigt. Das macht alles viel mehr Sinn, wenn man weiß, dass Ernährung zwar wichtig ist, Unfruchtbarkeit jedoch viel mehr ist als Diät."

How-to project: Egg book - The Travelling Bookbinder How-to project: Egg book - The Travelling Bookbinder

For instance, the chapters on BPAs, phthalates, and supplements were incredibly enlightening. However, I will literally never give up carbs, so I appreciated that she shared the science behind it, but frames the information in a way to empower the reader to choose what works for them, and not obsess over perfection. the odds of pregnancy were four times higher for women with high vitamin D levels compared to those with a vitamin D Another toxin is Phthalates are widely used in soft plastic, vinyl, cleaning products, nail polish, and fragrances. Causes increased levels of oxidative stress in the body. phthalate exposure has been associated with an increased risk of endometriosis. women with higher levels of certain phthalates during pregnancy were more likely to have baby boys with specific problems with their reproductive systems. and personal care products such as hairspray, lotions, fragrances, and nail polish often have very high levels of phthalates

Explore our most popular collections

Fold your scrap paper in half vertically, and draw half an egg shape. Cut round it, then open out – this is your template. Transfer the symmetrical egg shape onto your five sheets. Carefully cut them out. When you’re beginning a new, scary process like trying to conceive or when you receive a difficult diagnosis, like infertility, it’s easy to fall for expensive, pseudoscientific advice. I’m the most skeptical person on the planet, but even I got scammed by my dentist before I found out that my jaw pain was caused by thyroiditis and not by a “reverse swallow.” Just… be careful out there. Based on specific fertility issues, the author also suggests other supplements including CoQ10 or Coenzyme Q10 (egg quality), melatonin (egg-related or age-related infertility), myo- inositol (for women with PCOS), and more. I also recommend the book Conceivability: What I Learned Exploring the Frontiers of Fertility. Again, not free, but great science/history/memoir on the fertility industry. I found it at my library! I haven’t read The Trying Game yet, but it’s next on my list.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment